Muzan x Reader

(Altered from alternate request)

Humming softly, I tidied up the room as I patiently awaited my lover's return. Fluffing pillows and folding blankets, I did my best to distract myself from the anticipation of seeing Muzan. With him gone all night, I felt a little lonely. The other demons were too terrified of what their master would do if he found them near me and so I was left to my own devices throughout the night.

With a sigh, I turned my attention to a nearby bookshelf. I've read everything already but I guess I could organize the books a bit to pass more time. The idea didn't sound entirely pleasant but I had very little other options for the time being.

Procrastinating what I had signed myself up to do, I decided to take a quick peek out the window in hopes of spotting something interesting instead. Nothing immediately caught my eye besides the full moon casting a gentle light across the forest. It was a very beautiful night. Perhaps I would take a stroll later on if I could find someone to go with me.

Muzan never seemed to enjoy whenever I left the mansion on my own but without him here I was pretty much free to do what I wanted. It didn't pique my interest that much though and so I sent a glare to the bookshelf as I prepared for my task.

Right as I reached out to grab the first book, a sudden tingly feeling shot through my body. An overwhelming presence drifted through the air, instantly making me tense up. It took a moment before I recognized the aura, a frown pulling at my lips as I turned to face the doorway where he stood.

"Muzan, welcome home," I softly greeted, pulling away from the bookshelf to walk to him. He was clearly pissed off, if not by the aura then by the expression he wore on his face.

I came in close without touching him to see what his boundaries were. Sometimes he was more clingy when he was angry but other times he would seethe if he was touched. It all depended and I decided to stay on the safe side and let him tell me first before trying to comfort him.

His slitted eyes seemed to finally focus on me as his shoulders relaxed the tiniest bit. He let out a sigh that conveyed the intensity of his day without a need for words. I waited patiently, nervous butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"How was your day, my little monarch? I know you get bored with me gone," he spoke quietly, his hand reaching out to rest on my lower back. Pulling me closer, he leaned in to place a gentle kiss on my lips. I hummed against his lips making him sigh. I found it incredibly sweet that he was worried about how my day went even though his clearly sucked.

"It was alright. The same as usual, I suppose," I whispered close to him. He gave a nod before kissing me once more. My hands came up to rest on his shoulders carefully as he pulled me even closer. "How was your day though?"

He let out a small groan, his grip on my back tightening in frustration. Shivers ran down my spine with the deadly aura that swirled around him. It was clearly bad but I also wasn't afraid to ask him. He would never hurt me after all.

"Stressful but I know what would soothe me," he whispered into my ear. I chuckled at the feeling before looking at him with a tilt of my head. He was smiling softly at me, my own grin widening at the sight. "How about we go for a walk through the garden?"

I instantly perked up with widened eyes. It was his turn to chuckle now as his hand came up to cup my face. I leaned into the caring touch with a happy sigh. His face blushed the tiniest bit, the most human reaction I've seen from him yet. It was almost like we were a normal couple...almost.

"I'd absolutely love a walk through the garden actually," I stated excitedly, bouncing on my heels a bit to show my anticipation. Muzan leaned in again to kiss me, this time with more passion as he guided me against him.

Pulling away the tiniest bit, I felt his breath ghost over my lips with a tingling sensation. His hand left my face, trailing down my body until he reached my hand. Our fingers intertwined as he quickly spun me around in a twirl that left me chuckling before he led me down the stairs and outside.

The second we exited the mansion, a cool breeze washed over me leaving me shivering delightfully. Moonlight filtered through the treetops, casting dancing shadows along the ground. Everything was more beautiful at night but that also could've been due to the fact that I haven't seen the sunlight in years.

My glance landed on Muzan as he guided me down the trail where my garden awaited. I'd gladly give up a million daytimes if it meant staying with him though. I wouldn't change a thing. He must've sensed the increase of my emotions as he slowed his walking to stare at me, his slitted pupils dilating a bit with affection.

"What's my little monarch thinking about?" he inquired in a gentle tone. I swung our hands between us as we entered the garden, my gaze averting to the ground shyly. Muzan came to a stop, facing me as he grabbed my other hand to hold between us. I looked at him with a smile, my face warming with overflowing admiration.

"I just want you to know I love you," I whispered into the night air. His eyes widened slightly before he chuckled. He pulled me to his body, hands leaving mine to rest on my waist as he kissed me yet again. I practically swooned with the passionate intensity.

Whether it was fueled by his earlier stress or my own emotions, he didn't relent this time as he suffocated me with his desire. I sure as hell didn't mind it though, allowing him a chance to soothe himself after a long night.

"I love you so much, prince," he breathed against my lips over and over again in between kisses. I pushed back just as eagerly, my fingers running through his dark hair lovingly. The moonlight cast us in its protective light as we spent the rest of the night in each other's arms, loving away our worries and strife through one another.