Chapter Two

My head hurt. Like really bad.

It was throbbing, pounding just like a chef's knife while it chops something. Could this day be over please?

I'll probably step on dog's poop on my way home. That's all I need to make this the worst day ever. And I probably just jinxed myself.

"Bloody hell Bryan," a male's voice with a British accent said. "Do you need to barge out of the room in such a dramatic manner every single time?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? It was an accident!" The second voice sounded deeper than the first.

"Well you almost killed the girl!"

"She's breathing, isn't she? Stop being such a girl, dude."

"She can sue us!"

"For fuck's sake, Tom. Grow a pair, would you?"

Tom? As in chef Tom Simmons?

I kind of wanted to open my eyes, but my eyelids still felt too heavy and I was curious to hear more.

"I think we should offer her a job."

A job? As what?

"On what ground?"

"Well, first, you smashed a door against her, so I rather have her on our side. Can you imagine the backlash from the press? And second, she looks nice and from what I can see in her application, she seems responsible. Just what we need for an assistant."

Steps sounded on the background. Someone was pacing around the room. "Last week you said that Nadia was the girl for the job."

Tom, I supposed, sighed. "She hates it. And she's not good at it either. Plus, she's all over my case and I think that it would be better if she left." Someone chuckled and I could swear it was the man with the rough voice. "We need an assistant now," the first guy trailed.

I heard footfalls and their voices were much closer now. "I don't know man."

"She looks qualified."

"Based on what?"

"She's pretty."

"Oh well, let's fucking hire her right now, then." The guy with the dark voice added sarcastically.

"Plus, she has small boobs."

What the hell?

"What the fuck, Tom! When has the size of someone's boobs been important?"

"Nadia will notice."

I willed my eyes to open and they started to flutter, but it was like a huge effort do so. With the back of my palm, I rubbed my eyes before opening them completely. And I stared like an idiot at the pair of people in front of me.

My eyes widened and I couldn't utter a single word.

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh. My God.

Chef Tom freaking Simmons was right in front of me. He looked a tad thinner than in TV, but his caramel eyes looked as warm as through the screen. He had shorter hair now, and it looked darker too.

"Pfft... she's already having a groupie moment. She's so not the girl for this job." My eyes slid to the other man beside my idol and I instantly knew who was the owner of the dark voice.

Damn. Not only did he have a nice tone of voice, but he was actually handsome. His whole frame was larger than Tom's, and his eyes were narrowed as he studied me. The dark brown hair and sea green eyes were a great match.