Chapter 14: Her Secret Folder

At The Singhania Mansion:

Shourya is quiet as they walk into the mansion. Raj is helping his mother over to the couch, Suman is telling the twins what their tasks are during the preparations, and Neel is making a phone call to Suraj to let them know they got home.

"Chachi."

Everyone stops and turns to face Shourya.

"Aapne khadhi jaanke niche phenki."

(You threw the curry. On purpose.)

It wasn't a question; it was a statement.

"wha-? Shourya, wha-what do you mean? Why would I do that?" Reema's voice goes from nervous to defensive in a matter of seconds.

"Chachi, I saw you. When she wasn't looking, you went to tip the bowl onto her kurti."

Shourya's voice was low but firm.

"Shourya? You must be mistaken. Why would Reema do that?" Neel tries to jump in but Shourya holds his hand up. He moves to sit on the couch, facing everyone, he spreads his legs as he leans an arm on the armrest, clenching his jaw.

"Ask her chachu. She may lie to me but won't lie to her husband. Ask her."

Suman watched her son's jaw clench, as he digs his nails into his palm, his knuckles turning white. Then she realised that he didn't send the twins upstairs like he usually does. He's too focused on the issue at hand. The issue that involved Meera.

"I don't know what your nephew is talking about Neel. I didn't do anything like that." Reema cries as she escapes to her room. Neel follows along, "Reema, don't cry."

Shourya's eyes follow them, "Shourya, beta calm down. I don't know why she would do that, but forget it," his dadi pats his shoulder before going towards her room.

"Bhai, chill. Bhabhi ko lagi toh nahi na, bas." Aarav says before taking Riya upstairs.

(Bro, chill. At least bhabhi didn't get hurt.)

"Chalo beta, sone chalo. Bhool jao baat ko." Suman whispers as she kisses his forehead before making her way up the stairs with Raj.

(Come son, go to bed. Forget what happened.)

Shourya just can't seem to let it go, the taunts during the evening, constant talking about Priya and Rohan, and then trying to ruin Meera's clothes. Why would his chachi do that?

Shourya pulls out his phone and dials the landline number.

"Hello"

"Meera."

"J-ji?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, w-why?"
"After the incident with the khadhi, I just wanted to make sure."

"I- yes, I'm fine. Th-thank you for asking."

"Hmmmm, I'll come to pick you up early the day after tomorrow. Around 10 am. Okay?"

"O-okay."
"Good night."
"Go-good night."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Meera was ready super early, she chose a simple mint-coloured suit, with a straight-cut plazzo and the dupatta had pastel pink flowers. She had her maroon-coloured purse ready. She was slipping on her pastel pink jutti when she heard the doorbell. She got up and ran towards the stairs, she stopped when she saw Anushka open the door. She took a step back and rushed back to her room. What am I doing? She thought.

She could hear murmurs downstairs before she heard heavy footsteps coming up. She rushed over to her bed and sat down, facing away from the door. The footsteps stop.

"Meera." God, he loves saying my name.

Meera turns and sees shiny, black shoes. Her eyes train up higher to see navy blue pants and a white shirt hanging off his chiselled chest, the ones her face was planted in last night. Her eye dare to wander even more up to his shoulders, where the matching navy blazer was hanging.

"Meera."

She looks up at his eyes, which were looking straight at her.

"J-ji."

(y-yes.)

He takes a step into her room, "Can I take a seat?" Shourya points to the chair at her desk.

"Y-yes."

Shourya sits on the chair as he takes in the room. Soft and delicate were the two adjectives he could think of to describe the atmosphere.

"Have you thought about what you want for our engagement?" He asks.

Meera looks down, thinking if she should tell him about the folder.

No, what will he think of me?

"What are you thinking?"

"No-nothing."

Her eyes wander over to the folder sitting at her desk.

His eyes follow.

"What is this?"

"No!" Meera jumps out of her seat, "Ummm it's nothing."

Her hand was on top of the front cover, preventing him from opening it.

"Meera, what is it?"

Knowing she's lost the battle, she moves her hand away and looks anywhere except at him as he looks through the folder.

Is this what she wanted? It's nothing like the decorations from that day.

Shourya looks up at her, silently prompting an answer.

"I- umm, it's stupid, but when Reema aunty would take me planning and shopping, she would pick out things herself. She never asked me what I liked. I don't know why, but I collected the things I liked. You probably think it silly bu-"

"No, it's perfect. If this is what you want, then that's what you'll get."

Shourya holds onto the folder as he guides her out of her room.

"Aap log jaa rahe hai? Shourya beta, chai toh pee lo." Rohini calls as they walk down the stairs.

(You guys are leaving? Shourya son, at least have some tea.)

"Nahi aunty, phir kabhi. Abhi hame der ho rahi hai." Shourya smiles at his future mother-in-law.

(No aunty, some other time. We're running a little late.)

Shourya and Meera leave for the day as Rohini prays that this might ease her daughter's nervousness. 

So!!! What do you guys think? I find Shourya and Meera super cute, especially when they are together!

Let me know what you guys think through comments, don't forget to vote and share Meera and Shourya's love story with others!!