Chapter 15: Anything she wants

Shourya opens Meera's door and helps her out. He guides her inside the building where they were going to meet their wedding planner. Suman had decided that having the same person for the engagement and wedding would be ideal and keep things consistent. Meera looks up at the building, it's not where she came to with Reema.

"Mr Singhania! Please come in."

"We have an appointment with Sheetal to plan out engagement," Shourya gestures towards Meera.

"Ah, yes of course. Follow me, Ms. Sheetal is actually not in at the moment, she should be here in a minute." The secretary says as he guided them to Sheetal's office. Shourya glances at his watch, their meeting should have started just about . . . now. He clenches his jaw as he takes out a chair for Meera, he hates having to wait, especially for people.

Meera watches as Shourya glances at his watch for the third time in the past couple of minutes. She could feel his temper increase as every second passed. Meera opens her mouth to say something, hoping to calm him down.

"Oh god! Sorry guys, the line at the café was far too long."

Meera glances up at who she's guessing is Sheetal. Shourya introduces the two before they make a start.

"Our meeting was supposed to start 7 minutes ago," Shourya states, to which Sheetal rolls her eyes. She turns to Meera, "you've still got a chance to run you know. It's hard being this grump's friend, I can't imagine being his wife."

"We're not friends."
"Sitting next to each other at university counts as friends."

"That's because we were at Oxford, and you couldn't speak English properly."

"If we weren't friends, we wouldn't be teasing each other. And if I remember correctly, you told my husband to run whilst he can as well." Sheetal points her finger accusingly at Shourya.

Meera looks between the two like a lost puppy.

"Here," Shourya says, passing Sheetal Meera's folder, "this is what we want."

Sheetal flicks through it as Meera shrinks into her chair for a number of reasons. One was that someone was looking through her silly little folder, and the other was that Shourya said this was what they wanted. And the last reason was that now he was looking at her as if he was ready to pounce at her. Why does he do that? She thinks to herself. Oh, her little heart can't take all this at once.

"Oh, this is so so soooooo cute! Oh my god, it's adorable!" Meera blushes as she glances up at Sheetal. "We can totally do this!" We can! Meera thinks. Shourya watches as Meera tilts her head up and her eyes sparkle. "Let's head over to my studio and see what we can finalise today since we've got all the inspiration here."

Shourya lets Meera make all the decisions. "Anything she wants," he had said. Occasionally jumping in when needed or when Meera looks overwhelmed. The smile on Meera's face gives him a strange kind of satisfaction, one he didn't know he was craving.

"Alright, perfect! I'll put the orders through for the decorations after we decide on a venue, and then we can design the decoration based on that so I can order accordingly. Why don't we go back to my office to decide on a venue." Sheetal taps away at the tablet screen. Shourya shortlists three places they liked. "Alright, why don't we head over and check these places out."

They went to all three locations before booking the second one. Meera seemed to like that one the most, so of course Shourya thought it was perfect. Sheetal gives Meera her folder back as she says, "I'll design some decoration layouts and make about 3 options, I'll email Shourya the drafts and you can choose one you like. Feel free to edit them and we can change them accordingly!"

"When will we have them by?" Shourya asks.

"Well, today is Wednesday so, let's say Friday," Sheetal suggests.

"Friday, Sheetal," Shourya says as they leave the venue.

Meera whispers a thank you and waves before following her apparently impatient, soon-to-be fiancé.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It had been a long day and almost time for dinner, Meera is starving. Shourya calls Suraj to ask him if it's okay if he takes Meera out for dinner, they were already out anyway. Once he got a positive response from her father, he turned to ask her.

"Can I take you out to dinner?"

Meera blushes under his gaze, "Suraj uncle has said it's okay."

"Okay then."

Shourya begins to drive them to his favourite dhaba, it's quiet in the car, and he wants to talk to her.

"Ummm, what did you think of the venue?" He asks.

"I-umm. . . I like it, it's beautiful."

"And what about all the decorations? Are they to your liking?"
"Y-yes."

"Maa wants to take us out on Sunday, to shop for clothes and jewellery. Is that okay?"

"Ummm, yes."

Shourya glances her way, "you talk more on the phone."

Meera shrinks and just looks out the window not knowing what to say. Shourya watches her before saying.

"We'll fix that slowly."

.

.

.

"Shourya baba, bohot din baad aaye hai aap."

(Shourya, you've come after  a while.)

"Uncle, time hi nahi milla. Aur yeh Meera hai, meri hone wali mangetar."

(Uncle, I just can't find the time. And this is Meera, my soon-to-be fiance.)

"Namaste uncle." Meera says.

"Namaste betaji."

They walk over to Shourya's normal table, "Uncle do plate biriyani."

(Two plates biriyani.)

"Arre, Meera beta se pooch to lo, usne biriyani nahi khani toh?"

(Oh, ask Meera at least. What if she doesn't want biriyani?)

Shourya glances over at Meera and gives her a sheepish smile.

"Do you want anything else?"
"N-no, biriyani is fine. Thank you."

Please vote, share and comment!! 

And tell me what you guys think!! Do you think the two are falling in love?