Chapter 15

It'd been three weeks since Bri's first date with Pietro and it had become a regular thing. He did his best to occupy her thoughts but Tony kept showing up no matter what she was doing. She'd started going to work again but was a little worried when Tony never left his office. She pushed the thought out of her head when Jarvis assured her that he was alright, just working hard.

'I feel horrible.' Tegan said getting out of bed and running to the washroom.

Steve looked at her worriedly.

'Are you sure you're okay? You weren't feeling well yesterday either.' He said sitting up.

They were at Steve's house and Tegan had moved in not to long ago. They acted more like a married couple than ever based on the fact that Steve acted like an old man. He only allowed "fun" every once in a while and Tegan found herself not minding.

'It's probably just the flu.' Tegan said walking back into the room.

She hated lying to Steve but didn't want to tell him that she'd missed her period. Tegan knew that today she needed to get a pregnancy test.

'I can take the day off if you want.' Steve offered.

Tegan loved how sweet he was in willing to miss a day of work for her.

'It's fine Steve, I promise.' She said smiling slightly.

He gave her a quick kiss before getting up and ready for work.

'Make sure you rest.' He said with a smile before he left for work.

She sighed and looked at her stomach. Steve already said he didn't want kids because of the whole saving the world job. Would he leave her if she was pregnant? She knew one thing was for sure, she was going to keep the baby. When her wave of nausea was gone she got out of bed and pulled on one of Steve's sweaters and some leggings before leaving the house.

*

Steve felt nervous about Tegan. It wasn't like her to be as shielded as she'd been lately.

'Coming for lunch, Rogers?' Clint asked snapping Steve out of his daze.

'Oh yeah, I'll meet you guys there.' Steve said shaking the thought out of his head.

He got on his cycle and drove to the regular restaurant they ate at, the parking was horrible here so he parked on the road nearby. Passing a few stores he looked inside until something caught his eye; Tegan. He looked up and saw that it was a pharmacy before he walked in.

'Hey Darling.' He whispered in her ear causing her to jump.

She spun around and hid whatever it was that she was looking at behind her back. Steve noticed her nervous behavior and grabbed her hand causing her to reveal the pregnancy test she was reading. He looked at the test then back to Tegan before taking the test to the counter.

'Is this all?' The female cashier said raising her brows at him.

Steve is far from the type of guy yo be embarrassed and Tegan appreciated his taking charge even if she felt beyond nervous.

'This too.' Steve said reaching and grabbing a pack of gum.

Tegan walked to his side and watched as he paid for the test and gum before slipping them both in his jacket and taking her hand.

'I'm so sorry Steve.' She said as he lead her down the street.

He didn't speak but continued dragging her along. They reached a McDonald's and he led her to the washroom.

'Go on.' He said stopping outside of the ladies room and handing her the test.

She looked at him with scared eyes when he leaned down and kissed her.

'It's going to be alright.' He whispered.

She took a deep breathe and walked into the ladies room.