Chapter 17

'We've found Loki's base.' Fury said when he arrived at Steve's house.

Steve was a mess but no one knew it was both because his girlfriend got kidnapped but his unborn baby as well.

'We've got to go.' Steve said standing up abruptly.

No one objected but merely followed his lead into battle.

'I don't want anyone arguing.' Steve said to the group was on the plane to Loki's base.

They all murmered their reply's before leaving and searching for Tegan and Loki. Steve took part in the main battle but found himself powering through towards the entrance. He needed to save her.

'It's to late.' Loki hissed at him as he burst into the room.

Tegan was laying on the ground not moving. Steve was about to let his anger get the best of him when Thor came in and began battling his brother. Steve ran over to Tegan and brushed her blonde hair out of her face.

'Please wake up.' He said urgently.

He could tell she was still breathing by the steady rise and fall of her chest but he needed to get her out of here.

'Stark, Pietro, anyone?' He said into his speaker.

'I need someone fast.' He said hastily.

Within seconds Tegan was taken from his arms and in the safety of S.H.I.E.L.D thanks to Quicksilver.

'Anyone got word on Loki?' Natasha said into her speaker.

Thor replied saying that he had taken Loki back to Fury. Steve got shakily to his feet and walked towards the plane. Tegan would be okay. The baby would be okay. Steve found himself worrying about a baby he didn't want in the first place, what if he did want it after all?

*

'I swear if you don't let me in right now I'm going to break the door down.' Bri said pounding on Steve's door.

She began picking the lock when she got a text. She turned white as she read it and hailed a cab as fast as she could.

'How is she?' She asked as she marched past Natasha and Clint.

'She's not doing to well.' Bruce said sadly.

She marched into the hospital room and saw Steve holding and unconscious Tegan's hand.

'What happened?' She asked almost in tears.

'Loki.' Steve choked out.

Bri saw that Steve had been crying and found it uncharacteristic.

'She's going to be fine.' Bri said patting his shoulder.

'I know.' He said.

'Then what's wrong?' She asked.

He pried his eyes away from Tegan and looked Bri right in the eyes.

'She was pregnant.'

Bri took a step back and stared at her friend.

'Was?'

Steve's blue eyes looked beyond sad before he cleared his throat.

'She would have died if Loki didn't take the youthfulness from the baby. When we brought her back here, it was to late.' He said looking down as tears fell from his eyes again.

Bri sat on Tegan's other side and stayed for hours. Pietro would come and bring her food and drinks along with the rest of the Avengers. Steve never left either and they both were over tired by the time Tegan came around.

'S-Steve?' She said causing him to look up.

'I'm here, Darling.' He said giving her a weak smile.

'The baby.' Tegan said trying to sit up.

Steve gave her a sad look that she instantly understood.

'It's all my fault, you never wanted the baby anyways.' She said starting to cry silent tears.

'It was both out faults, I realized when you were missing that I not only loved you but the new child who would be brought to my life. Tegan, I shouldn't have run out on you.' He said wiping her tears away.

She cried into his shoulder and they both mourned the death of their unborn child. Bri started crying to but left the room to give them privacy.