Rose-Colored Glasses Vol.2, Part 6: New York, Zurich, London (Sugar Daddy!Harry)

Summary: (Y/N) has some major career choices to make. Harry takes her along on an investors' tour, and they have a big discussion about their relationship. 
The penultimate part. 
This is an NSFW story. If you feel uncomfortable reading content like this one, feel free to scroll through the chapters to find something you might like. 
(Smut / Teasing/ Oral Sex; Female Receiving / Breeding Kink / Semi-Public Sex) 

(Words: 8.4k)
(For Rose-Colored Glasses Vol. 1, visit 5sos Book Vol. 1)

--

It has been about a year since that conversation with Harry. Another Christmas went by, with everyone's eyes glued on my ring finger, to find out whether Harry popped the question or not. It is not just his family and our friends anymore. Every time I accompany him to business dinners or trips, every time I visit his office, everyone is looking at my hands, scanning for a sparkling stone on that finger.
At first, I was getting annoyed, and frustrated at the invasion of privacy. But now it is just funny, everyone is so obsessed with our relationship, so amazed by the fact Harry is in the longest relationship of his life -at least by Lita's sayings.

"Well, I will be damned..." I hear a familiar voice from the entrance of the design room. I have been helping from the game studio's headquarters lately, so I have been meeting with a lot of people.
I raise my gaze to find Chimera, my old professor from my bachelor years.
"Professor Fisher... It is so good to see you again. How have you been?" I ask her, leaving my pad on the desk to walk toward her.
"I have been fine, Ms. (Y/L/N). Last I heard of you, you were moving out of New York." She shakes my hand.
"Yes, but now I am back. I apologize for not attending our meeting all the way back."
"The past is in the past, (Y/N). Tell me, what are you doing here?" She asks me.
"I help with the gameplay dialogues and info, check the validity of information, you know, putting my knowledge to any use I can." I explain to my old professor who is now looking at me as if she is scanning me, looking for any excuse to judge me.
"I see."
"What are you doing here? This is the last place I expected to see you." I ask her.
"The studio wants to recruit one of my students, apparently as your assistant, as part of their dissertation. As the head of the department, I had to check this place out." She replies.
"Oh, that is amazing. I could use some help around here. And I am glad I will get to work with a fellow NYU student." I smile at her.
"Now that I have found you, what about we go grab some lunch and discuss how you like it here? Maybe we can have that meeting we didn't have all this time back." She suggests. I check my wristwatch, seeing that I have at least 45 minutes until my lunch break.
"I will have to ask my supervisor if I can have my break a bit earlier." I smile and point to the supervisor's office.

-

"What's up with you today?" Chrissy asks, pulling out a lace bodycon from the rack and holding it before my body.
"Hm?" I realize that I have been holding onto the same pair of satin panties for the last 10 minutes, mindlessly feeling the smoothness of the fabric in my hand.
"I am asking what is going on inside your head... You are off today. What is so much more interesting than lingerie shopping?" She chuckles.
"I saw Chimera today... Professor Fisher." I state, placing the pair of panties in my shopping basket.
"You did? And what, she sucked the life out of you?" She asks jokingly.
"No... I mean, she was actually very nice. She bought me lunch."
"Well, I mean, she always liked you. You were her little teacher's pet." She teases me, knowing that I am dying to hear praise from any authoritative figure.
"Still, she was very difficult to deal with, you remember."
"Anyways, is that the reason you are off today? Because Chimera bought you lunch?" She asks with a scoff.
"I was supposed to have a meeting with her when I got back from Italy." I explain, avoiding eye contact.
"(Y/N), baby. I love you, but I can't keep pressing you to extract information. You have to be the one to tell me if you want to let it out." She comments and I sigh.
"She wanted to suggest I start my Ph.D. back then. She said that my research project was riveting for a bachelor student and that skills and insights like mine should not be limited to developing a mobile game. She said that if I am up for it, I can apply tomorrow morning and start next week because she will vouch for me."
"(Y/N), baby... That is amazing. Oh my God, I am so proud of you, but oh, oh so jealous. You should be celebrating, not sulking." She encourages me, hugging me in celebration.
"What are you thinking? Are you doing it?" She asks me. I sigh, feeling my eyes brimming with tears.
"I can't afford it. I have to pay off my student loan. She said we could look for partial funding, but it is not enough for me to not go into complete debt with my current salary." I reply, feeling a tightness in my stomach. I really, really want this, but I can't have it.
"Why... Why are you not... asking Harry for money? He would be more than happy to help, you know that." She suggests.
"We made it very clear when we first got back together that he will not treat me like a sugar baby again."
"Yeah, ok. But this is not like that and you know it."
"It will feel like that to me. I won't even tell him about meeting with Chimera today. And I'll just forget about it. I have to focus on other things either way." I reply and she looks at me with a furrow on her brow.
"Other things?"
"I mean the game. I'd tell you if I had to plan a wedding, don't worry." I roll my eyes, showing her my still-ringless ring finger. She just hums and places the bodycon in my basket, moving to the next rack.
"You know, sometimes I feel like your personal Barbie doll. You dress me up and then send me home for Harry to enjoy."
"I am on his payroll for exactly that reason." She jokes.
"That explains a lot, actually." I mumble and follow right behind her.