Chapter 5

Mikaela

"Alright Chris, everything's ready to go for Royalty's first bday!" I said over the phone as Chris' mom played in the background with Baby Royalty.

"Thanks Mik, I don't know how I would've done it without you. I hope you'll be able to bring ma baby Brie?" Chris asked.

"I'm a bit tight scheduled but if I can't I'm sure Aug can bring Brie out to LA for the party," I said as I wrote details down for another client's soiree.

"Aight. But if anything, just hit a nigga up. I'll send the private jet for yall, as a thank you for hooking my princess up," he said

I smiled, "I'll definitely let you know"

"Alright. I gotta go. Tell my lil bro Aug I'll Holla at him for that song"
He finished before we ended our call.

No sooner than I hung up, my other line rang.

"Yes Dorothy?" I said to my intern.

"Ms Mikaela, you're friend Dawn is on her way up. I hope that's okay, I told her you were busy but she grabbed the key pass and went to the elevator" Dorothy said sounding a bit intimated

I chuckled to myself, " it's alright Dorothy"

I heard my office door click open at that and Dawn strolled in with Q in hand.

"Couldn't you just text me that you were coming. Hey little Q-tie" I said to Dawn then to Q as he smiled at me

"Girl, Q threw ma phone out the car window on our way here. Think that boy gonna be a quarter back or something, that shit went straight into this river off i-95" Dawn shook her head at the thought

I laughed, " he got that cymbal strength just like his mama huh?"

Dawn flipped me off, remembering when she had tried out for the school band back in middle school. She wanted to play the cymbals but was mad her crush Tyrone had clapped for this chick Mandy during tryouts. She ended up bending the damn thing outta hitting it so hard. Needless to say she didn't make the band.

The office mail guy came by and delivered me a package while Dawn sat there looking salty.

"I wasn't expecting anything, " I said softly as I shook the box.

"You wasn't expecting anything yet yo ass still take it? Me and my son ain't tryna die today you know....bomb threats and anthrax might be making a comeback" she said as she pulled Q to one side and went to stand in a corner

I rolled my eyes at her, "it's from Baby Dior" I said reading the note inside.

"Baby Dior? I didn't know Dior made a baby clothing line," she said as she re-approached me.

"Yeah. Must be some more stuff for Abrianna. They send us little gifts from time to time, but Brie has so much clothes already. She hardly wears them"

"Damnnn. And why you ain't never gave your godson from these gifts" Dawn asked

I pulled out the denim romper and shoes from the box so she could see, " you want your son dressed in these?"

"Hell no. But prolly you could tell them that Brie going through a phase...so she a tomboy now. Let them send you some little boy clothes" she held up Q and examined him " he'll grow into them"

I shook my head and laughed, " you a mess"

She sucked her teeth, " whatever hoe. Anyway what's up with this court thing?"

"Uhh, nothing much to be honest. Our lawyer told us she's ready for the preliminary hearing. Although something been on my mind lately," I explained as I took a seat next to Dawn on the sofa.

"Well? What is it?" She asked as Q nibbled on her shirt sleeve.

"The lawyer thought we should bring up Addy in the court case, but August didn't want to," I said

"And what did you think?" She questioned

"I'm half and half. I rather not, but she thinks it could really help our case"

"Well maybe you should try talking and explaining this to ole stubborn ass. I mean yall gotta do what yall gotta do, right?" She urged

I nodded, " Yeah I guess so."

"Boy would you stop?" Dawn turned her head and looked over at Q, who had dribbled up all over her shoulder.

"This ain't Dior but it sure is dinero. Aka money baby boy" she play stale faced him before smiling and kissing his cheek.

My iphone rang interrupting us.

"Oh its Aug. Think I'll try to discuss things with him now," I said out loud

"Aight. Me and my rider are gonna dip right outta here. And tell Whore-rothy next time don't play with me-talking bout if I got an appointment" she said as she collected her handbag.

"Why you calling her a hoe though?" I snickered

"I saw how she was flirting with Jermaine the last time we came up here - aka a married man" she finished off as she walked towards the door.

I turned my attention back to my phone as I answered August's face time. Kinda strange that he was face-timing me.

Me: Hey, I was actually just thinking about calling...i wanted to talk to you about something" I began the conversation.

August: aye girl

Was all he said, as I saw him slowly driving up to our house.

I didn't know why he didn't acknowledge what I just said; not to mention why he wanted to drive and face time at the same.
I frowned outta confusion.

August: yea you.

He said giving me a little head nod, before putting his eyes back on the road

"Babe, what are you doing?" I slightly chuckled

August: I bet you didn't know....

"Didn't know what?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows, waiting on him to finish his sentence

He turned back and looked at me

August: that you're beautiful

He smiled quickly then continued to give the road ahead his attention.

A wide smile formed on my lips, getting caught up in August's random gesture. I swear it was those little things that made me love him more.

"So watchu wanted ta talk bout?" He said as he parked in the driveway

"I...I, " I kept smiling

He giggled, " I think a nigga done made you forget"

I shook my head still smiling, " yeah. We'll talk when I get home okay?"

"Aight ma." He said as I heard Brie calling him in the distance.

We ended the call, as I continued to blush...until I remembered. My face went straight.

Really Mikaela -_- I thought to myself.

"Guess it would be better to discuss it in person anyway, " I said before heading back to my desk, and back to work.......

**************
Okay sorry if it wasn't all that.

Miky is gonna try convincing August. How do yall think he will take it?

Did she have the right to get caught up in Aug's flirtatious little moment? Lol (mm explains it though)

Or should she have kinda just gotten to the point with him on the phone?

Vote, comment!