trauma

Sensitive topic: sexual assault
———
please, please, please remember if you have ever experience any form of sexual assault/harassment it is not your fault. unfortunately myself, along with many of my friends, have experience sexual assault/harassment in some way, shape, or form.

if you ever feel the need to talk my dms are always open.

i write these types of topics, as well as depression/anxiety, as a way of therapy for myself to cope since sitting in a room with a stranger to talk about my feelings doesn't sit well with me.

please do not think i am desensitizing how harsh this topic is, it is serious and it is real.
—————
5:15 am

My alarm went off on the nightstand and I shoved my arm out from underneath the comforter to shut it off, "What time is it?" Rudy groaned from behind me, slowly stirring awake as his arms wrapped around my torso.

"Five-fifteen." I responded, holding myself up with my elbow and using my other hand to rub the sleep from my eyes, "I'm gonna go work out before filming." Thankfully the hotel we've been staying at while filming the show had an amazing gym down the hall.

"Kiss." Rudy pouted, keeping his eyes closed because he didn't want to wake up yet. I spun around and placed a quick but passionate kiss onto his lips, promising I'd be back in a little bit to shower and get ready for work together. Once I had gotten out of bed I slowly moved around the hotel getting changed into gym clothes and grabbing my water bottle. I took one last glance at my boyfriend sleeping peacefully and closed the bedroom door.

After swiping the key card off the counter top I made my way down the hall, scanning the card on the gym door and letting myself in. I've always loved getting up early to work out, it helps me start my day feeling good. When we're not filming Rudy usually joins me but lately he's been tired from the night scenes so we've been going at different times, me in the morning and him late at night. I couldn't wait to get back to our usual schedule of going together, I missed my work out partner.

I slid the weights onto the bar and began doing my squat sets, I was already feeling the burn, it's been awhile since I've had a leg day. Once my set was finished I locked the bar back on the machine, taking a deep breath and drinking some water. A knock on the gym door startled me as I jumped in place. Looking over was a man dressed in gym attire. I placed my water bottle back on the ground and did an awkward little jog to the door, cracking it open slightly.

"I forgot my key in the room and my wife is sleeping, I don't want to wake her. Is there anyway you could let me in?" He was a tall man in a black tank top, red shorts and white Nike shoes.

I nodded my head yes, understanding him. If I had to choose between knocking and asking to be let in or waking Rudy, I'd knock too, "Thank you." He said, nodding his head in a polite way.

"No problem." I gave him a kind closed-mouth smile and returned to my area I had claimed. Now choosing to do hip thrusts I slid the padding over the bar and sat on the ground, making sure I was sat in the correct position. I saw the man from my peripheral on the treadmill, he seemed nice. To stay more focused I slid my headphones over my head and played some hype music to get myself in the zone. I think I was still half asleep so the music was needed.

After pushing through my sets I went to take a drink of my water but was met with an empty bottle. I shook it and groaned, pushing myself off the gym floor and walking over to the water fountain. With music still blaring in my ears I tapped my foot on the ground as water filled the bottle.

The next few seconds were a blur, hands went around my waist and I screamed, attempting to look behind me. In my fight to break free from the hold of the stranger I knocked my headphones off my head, hitting my water bottle off the fountain as water spilled across the floor.