Part 31

Shinso watched as Kirishima directed Todoroki and Iida toward the courtyard of the hospital. The redhead- probably fake if he was being honest- had been acting strangely earlier, so he decided to follow him. You don't just switch from practically inconsolable to determined in so short of a time unless there was a change in circumstances. And he turned out to be right; his fellow classmate was planning a rescue mission for Bakugo.

He hadn't heard the finer details, but what he did catch was that they were all meeting Yaoyorozu because she had the thing that made it so they would be able to rescue him. Kirishima had apparently recruited Todoroki for the cause since he was so strong, but Iida had wormed his way in to 'keep an eye on them'. However, Shinso didn't entirely trust this since Iida was the one who had been trying to commit murder. His friend had more pent-up anger than his stick-up-the-butt exterior would've suggested.

Yaoyorozu was already there, standing deep in thought with something in her hand. She looked really concerned and conflicted, which made him even more suspicious as to what they were planning. If the class mom was concerned, then that meant it wasn't entirely safe or legal.

"Yaoyorozu! What are we waiting for? We've got to go save Bakugo right now! A bro doesn't leave a bro hanging!" Kirishima looked ready to run in and fight as many villains as there were in the forest. Which was incredibly misguided. His dad had always taught him that if you need to fight someone on their turf and are outnumbered, you don't go in without at least a loose plan. There's always room for improvising, but you cannot just go in blind. He already went against that advice once and the hero killer would've killed him had Izuku-sensei not been there.

"What do you think you're doing?" All four guilty parties swung around to face him, eyes wide with panic. "You cannot think that this is a good plan. What, are you going to just charge in there and hope everything works out for the better? Name one example where that strategy has worked."

"It may not be a concrete plan, but we have to rescue Bakubro!" Kirishima turned to leave again, but this time Iida was the one to stop him.

"Shinso is right, Kirishima. We can't rush into this. I did that once already and people almost died because of it. I told you that I was coming with you to make sure you didn't do anything reckless, and that is why I am telling you to wait a moment and think about what you have to do. The pros are already going to be there, so we can't get in their way. And we can't use our quirks to fight them. That would be vigilantism, and it's not going to help in this situation. All we are going to do is get to Bakugo and get him out without doing any damage." Okay. So Iida had learned from his experiences. That's good.

Yaoyorozu spoke up next. "That was exactly what I was thinking. We should use disguises so we are able to get there without much trouble, and we have to be discreet until the last moment. And no using our quirks to harm them for sure. That has clear and explicit laws against it." As he and Iida had found out the hard way.

"And I'm coming with you." The group nodded, and Shinso could feel Todoroki's eyes on him. But not in the same way as before. It was more like he was curious about something other than the suspicions he had voiced time and time again. It was... unsettling. Like he was aware of it but it didn't matter. Strange.

"I placed a tracker on the Nomu, so we know where to go. We have to stay out of the hero's way, and we still have to avoid the public. After the Sports Festival, we became very recognizable, and it would be bad if anyone saw us up and about right after Bakugo was taken. UA is under a lot of scrutiny right now, and there would be a lot of attention and questions that we don't want."

They all nodded and headed off where Yaoyorozu was directing them. It felt strange sneaking through the huge crowds, trying to keep out of sight while also trying not to appear suspicious. Even though they weren't technically doing anything illegal, it still felt like they were. And Shinso totally knew that he was getting grounded the second he got home, but it was worth it to make sure Iida didn't try and murder anyone again. It would be so annoying to elect a new class president.