Surprise!

Recap...

Everything is moving so fast though. Not only with Adonis but my whole life. It seems too good to be true

And it was.

Kiera:

Elli comes to the house and we leave together. I'm so happy to finally have time to not worry too much. "So how's being with Adonis?" Elli asks as we leave the driveway. "He's great, I hated him at first though," I said and she laughed. "He's like that. He likes to play stoic and cold," she tells me. So she knows him? I mean it makes sense considering who her father is but I didn't think they were close. "I've known him since we were kids," she says after seeing my confused face. "Was he always like that, being stoic and cold?" I ask her. "No definitely not, it all started after his dad passed. The rest he'll have to tell you about," she responds. I nod not knowing how to respond. 

"So what about you? How have you been after you got out?" she asks to change the subject. My body goes rigid at the mention of that. "Um, I haven't been much better honestly," I say. "Well at least until now," I add. "Why?" She asks. "My dad was the one that sold me to Stoyan, when I got out I went back to him. He wasn't exactly a good dad and his friends were similar. My brothers were bad but they never compared to my dad or his friends" I say. "You got really bad luck with biological family," she says. "Definitely," I agree. "Now the mafia can be your family. Adonis is very family orientated and you're his donna so you're in the family," she says. Again I don't know how to respond. I've only been in the car for 10 minutes and she's made me speechless twice. I can't help but feel a little happy though. Adonis has claimed me as the Donna.

The rest of the car ride was silent and short before we made it to a small shop town. It has a few clothing shops, a nail salon, a cafe, an ice cream shop, and a piercing studio. "Let's go to the nail salon first," she says. I agree and we get out. It's been forever since I've gotten my nails done. I text Adonis letting him know where I am before we enter and are moved to a private room. "Why are we back here?" I ask after the lady leaves. "So we can chat without other people hearing. My nail tech has heard all about the mafia and is trustworthy," she explains. "I thought you live in Australia," I said as I looked at the nail polishes. "Whenever I'm here it's usually for an event so I usually get my nails done here," she says. That makes sense. 

I end up choosing a design with butterflies and Elli chooses a design with black tips and a heart.

Kiera's nails

Kiera's nails

Elli's nails

Another nail tech is allowed in because Elli's recommended him. "Are you excited for what's to come?" Elli asks. "I don't know," I say. I have no idea what she's talking about. She picks up on that and explains "Now that Adonis has taken over the biggest mafias and gangs he's essentially the leader of the underworld. He's the leader of these gangs and mafias to either reform or destroy. He has the power to reshape the underworld now, new mafias and gangs will form eventually but they'd all be following his rules. Even those that were unaffected by the takeovers, his allies like my brother's mafia. We'll still have to follow his rule and have a new treaty signing to announce our alliance with his mafia. So much is going to happen and so much is happening now."

I knew he took over but that's a lot. That also means he'll be a big target for people although he probably has a lot of protection set up. "I'm glad change is coming," I say. "Me too," Elli agrees. "How has your revenge been?" she asks. "It felt great hearing Alexei scream and beg for mercy, even better when Stoyan was," I say and a smile creeps onto her face. "You have to tell me what you did to Stoyan," she says excitedly. I tell her all the details and she listens intently making comments every now and then. When I finish she says "He deserved all of that, I would've never thought of the bleach thing." I just laugh. 

"So what do you mean by you had to leave?" she asks. I intentionally skipped over that part. "Well, I got overwhelmed by everything he said and just seeing him again. I had a breakdown," I tell her. "You should try therapy," she says. "I know, Adonis suggested that as well. I plan to," I respond honestly. I don't really want therapy but I know it's best. After we pay for our nails we leave and go shopping for a while. 

I check the time when we finish putting our clothes in Elli's car. It's 2:00 and I'm starving. "Let's go get food," Elli says as if reading my mind. I obviously agree and we go to the little cafe. They had the most delicious burger ever. "Let's get ice cream and relax," I say and Elli and I walk over to the ice cream shop. Afterward, we sit in a little patch of grass under a big tree to chat. "So, how's today been?" she asks wiggling her eyebrows. "Great, I loved every minute," I say. "See I told you not to worry, I know what I'm doing," she says. I laugh and nod my head. "Is there anything else bothering you?" she asks reminding me about Ethan. "Actually yeah," I say and she nods encouraging me to go on. "Adonis found the twin's father, he raped me when I was young," I say. 

"I'm sure he's locked up by now," she says. "He is, we made a plan on how to deal with him," I explain. "Then what's bothering you?" she asks. I don't even know. "At first I was relieved but something just feels wrong," I say. "You're probably just stressed. With everything that's happened it's hard to accept something could really be great and stress-free," she says. "That makes sense," I agree. "Exactly, now do you want to do anything else before we go?" she asks. I was about to say no but then the piercing studio catches my eye. "I kind of want to get a piercing," I say. "Jim, the owner, is great, I'm sure he can get you right in," she says. "Then let's go," I say. I've never gotten anything pierced besides my ears before.