Chapter 26: Thief

"Aapko itna gussa nahi krna chahiye tha."

(You shouldn't have been this angry.)

"Aur tumhe itna rona nahi chahiye tha."

(And you shouldn't have cried this much.)

"Shourya."

"Meera."
Meera frowns at him as he plays with her jhumka. Is this man bipolar? Abhi itna gussa kr rahe the.

(He was angry just a few minutes ago.)

"Tumhare saamne mujhe gussa krna aacha nahi lagta. Tumhe daarana nahi chahta mein."

(I don't like being angry in front of you. I don't want to scare you.)

"Pata hai, pr mujhe aapse daar nahi lagta hai."

(I know. But I'm not afraid of you.)

"Aacha?"

(Really?)

"Hmmmmm, pr aapke gusse se lagta hai."

(Hmmmmm, but your anger scares me.)

They look at each other before bursting into fits of laughter.

"Accha, although you absolutely breathtaking in this but you should change into something else." Shourya grabs her by her waist, pulling her closer and giving both her cheeks kisses. All of this is new for them, they haven't gone much further than kisses on the cheeks, well only he would give her kisses.

"Shourya, aap chodein ge toh hi toh mein jaa paaongi."

(Shourya, I'll only be able to go if you let me go.)

.

.

.

.

.

.

It had been a week since they had returned and Shourya had decided that he would take Meera over to the Rao's, they haven't been since her pag phera. They would go over for lunch and dinner, Shourya wants her to spend as much time with them as possible before they get into a work routine. Today was also important for Meera because she was going to be cooking something sweet today, it was her pehli rasoi.

"Shourya, please help me. What should I make?"

"Jo tumhe pasand ho woh bana lo."

(Make whatever you like.)

They were standing in the kitchen, and she was stressing because she didn't know what to make. She was pouting at Shourya for not helping.

"If you don't have any suggestions then you can leave." She holds his arm and walks him out of the kitchen, "Aare Meera, please."

But she wasn't having any of it. Once he was out she started making kheer, can't go wrong with kheer.

Meera was garnishing her dish with cashews, saffron and cardamom. She had put some of the kheer in a smaller dish to serve and the rest was still in the vessel in the kitchen. The kitchen aides and cook had prepared the rest of the breakfast.

Just as she finished setting the table, the rest of the family came in. "Kheer! Yes! Yes! Yes!" Aarav fist pumps the air three times before doing his happy dance. Riya gives his head a smack when she passes him to sit at her place. Meera's nervousness was at its peak when everyone sat down with her and started their breakfast.