037 :: CHANGE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN...!

!

❝ CHANGE , SEASON EIGHT ❞

       WITHIN the next few months, a lot changed. A lot.

Jennie met Grayson's uncle for the first time, and joined him at Grayson's graduation ceremony at Yale University, before he moved onto Law School.  Jennie was on her last semester at Columbia, beginning to fix up her resume so she could apply to the academy. Rachel, Jennie's roommate, was also helping her find some law enforcement jobs she could use as experience before she applies.

Back in Quantico, Jack found himself having his first crush on someone in his class. Although he could never admit it, it didn't take an FBI agent to see how he would act whenever he looked at her. Additionally, Spencer had a girlfriend named Maeve, who he was (un-admittedly, yet evidently) head over heels for.

And, all in all— life was going
somewhat smoothly.

"What about this position in Utah?" Rachel suggested, showing her roommate the papers in her hand, "It's decent pay, and it's near Bear Lake State Park!"

"I do love lakes and parks." Jennie nodded, taking the papers from her friend, "But...I just don't know. None of these stations speak to me."

"They're not supposed to. It's a temporary internship." Rachel reminded the girl, "The only reason you're trying to get this job is because you need the experience to apply to the FBI. Stop stressing it, Jennie."

"You're right. 100% right." Jennie nodded, "The next station you recommend, I'm applying to. Promise."

Rachel held up a new packet with information about another station, "How about this one in Texas?"

"No."

"Jennie!"

Rachel groaned, burying her head in her hands, as Jennie sighed.