Chapter One

《Draco's POV》
I stroll into Potions, trying to act nonchalant. I think I succeed because I see Pansy Parkinson give me her usual smirk of haughtiness. Pansy can be a prat, but she's a prat wrapped around my little finger.

She is also the only one that listens to me ramble about my many problems with Potter. Stupid Potter with his green eyes and soft hair.

Wait. What? Since when have I ever thought Potter had soft hair? Must be lack of sleep. I stayed up most of the night writing that bloody essay Snape had us write.

I know he's my Head of House and favors me as well as all the other Slytherin's, but he's a git. And I'm not saying that because he is mean to Potter. It has nothing to do with the defeated expression that Potter gets when Snape is in the vicinity. Nothing at all...

I sigh and sit at my table. Pansy thinks the empty seat next to me is an opportunity, so she takes it willingly. The warning bell rings, telling us we have five minutes.
As the bell dies off, the doors slam open to reveal Potter. Of course. Going for the big entrances is he? His hair is disheveled (as always), his tie loose, and his glasses crooked. He must've been in a hurry. I also notice that he is holding a flower. That's peculiar.

He scans the Slytherins, which is even odder. His eyes land on me and a slight smile curves his beautiful lips. Woah. I should not be thinking my enemy's lips are beautiful. What if he's not your enemy?

I shake my head to rid it of these thoughts. I watch him weave himself through the potion tables, obviously heading for me. Is he going to start a fight this early in class. Normally I'm the instigator, not him. He's standing in front of me now.

"What do you want, Potter?" I drawl.

 He doesn't say anything. He drops the flower on my desk and goes to sit with the Weasel.
Why in the bloody hell did Potter give me a flower? Does he know that I like him? He shouldn't. I mean, Malfoy's do not like boys. Malfoy's do not kiss boys in public. I don't know how many times Father has given me this wisdom because he has been caught by Mother.

I glance back at Potter. He is looking at me earnestly. I raise an eyebrow and raise the flower to my nose expectantly. This better smell amazing the way Potter is looking at me. It smells even better. I think Potter sprayed his cologne on here.

But does Potter have cologne that smells like the Forbidden Forest, Quidditch, and parchment rolled into one? I haven't a clue, but it smells exactly like Potter. Huh. Why would he give this to me if it smelled of him? He must know I like him. Damn it. Well at least I have a heads up now.

All throughout the class, I smell the Potter flower at random intervals. It was one of those rare Potion lessons that Snape actually taught instead of giving us Potion ingredients and saying, "I expect this on my desk before the bell rings."

He finally shuts up because the bell rings. As soon as the bell rings, Potter is out of his seat, saying something to Weasel. He turns and saunters over to my table.

"How'd you fancy the flower, Draco?"

I'm very surprised. Potter has never used my first name on friendly terms. Normally he says it with a sneer because he's being sarcastic. I decide I like the way he says my name.

"Well... it's a peculiar situation. I mean, you come in, hand me a flower, and ask me how I fancy it? If I didn't know any better, I would say you're trying to flirt with me...Harry."

The bait has been set.

"And what if I am?"

Definitely flirting. Does he like me or did he find out I like him and is using it against me?

He interrupts my thoughts, "Why are you so flustered Draco? What does the flower smell like?"

"You can cut the innocent act, Harry. You know it smells like your wretched cologne."

"Really?"

 He's smiling really big and he has his eyebrow raised as if questioning me.

"Yeah. Why would you give a flower with your wretched cologne?"

He smiles even bigger, which I didn't realize was possible at this point. He leans in slowly, his eyes locked with mine the entire time. My heart starts beating faster. What if Snape sees this? He's doing this in Potions! But I couldn't make myself care.

He leans into my ear and whispers throatily, "Draco... It's dipped in Amortentia."

He then takes my earlobe in between his teeth and gives it soft tugs.

God. Oh my God.

He dipped it into Amortentia! And I told him what I smelled?! But with his mouth on my ear, I couldn't care.

He whispers, "Meet me in the Room of Requirement tonight at midnight. I require a few things from you."

 His voice is so husky and right in my ear that I have to clench my teeth so I don't get stiff. How embarraasing would it be to let Harry see me walk around with an erection?

He stands up straight and smiles at me. He is looking at me waiting for something. Oh, he expects an answer.

"I'll see you then."

I try to sound strong and carefree but I fail. He smirks knowingly and strolls away.