Wattpad Original
There are 64 more free parts

19

Sweet

"I can't see you, Jace. It doesn't feel right, now that I'm dating Sebastian," my chest felt so heavy when I saw the hurt in his eyes. It pains me to see him sad. If only I could tell him the truth.

"I was afraid you'd say that," he leaned closer to me, then said, "don't you believe it's fate that we ran into each other again? We should give it another try, Sweet. We were so good together."

"I know it was amazing, but right now, I just can't see you."

"Because of that guy," he sighed looking disappointed, "I'm back for good, Sweet, I won't leave anymore. This is where I belong...with you. I won't give up easily, I'll prove to you that we belong together."

I bit my lips, refraining myself from saying, wait for me in barely three months. I'll be free and ready to date you again.

I turned and left him without saying another word. I felt so torn.

***

Later, I arrived at Marie's house. She was on video call with Sebastian's executive assistant, James, in their backyard, while sunbathing under the extreme heat of the sun, wearing an orange polka dots bikini.

She looked toasted when she got inside their house. She got terrible sunglasses tan lines, but I saved the bad news for later.

"What's the score between you and James? You seemed to talk a lot lately?"

"Hmm.. just talking about random stuff - favorite color, food, movie, hobbies and others you can find in slam-book questions," she rolled her eyes, then we both laughed.

"Too high school."

"That's right. I feel like I'm a teenage girl again," she cracked open a beer and settled beside me on the red couch, "sometimes, I hate that he's too formal and treats me like I'm an innocent convent girl. My goodness, if he only knew that I'm an Olympic gold medalist in making out!"

We both roared into laughter.

"I think he really likes you. So don't pressure him and let him do his own romantic gestures."

"You know I'm the most impatient woman in the entire universe," she waved her hand, "but he's a cutie, so I'll adjust to his turtle's pace. He'll see a starving lion at the finish line, Rarrr!" she giggled, and we laughed again. Our topic shifted when she asked, "by the way, how's your date?"

"Hmm... fine."

"Fine? That doesn't sound good to me," her mouth twisted, "did he arrive so late? Is he back with his emergencies again?.."

"No, he was very early. He already ordered food when I got there, and even ordered my favorite crispy calamari..."

"Wow, that's very thoughtful of him? He's really acting very nice now. So, tell me what went wrong? You had a gorgeous hot guy and a calamari in front of you, that sounds fantastic already."

"Jace arrived."

"Jace? You mean... oh my God! Your high school sweetheart, the one who got away is back?" Her eyes grew enormous, and I nodded.

"Yeah, and he wants to continue where we left off. But I told him I can't. I'm dating Sebastian."

"Oh, that's tough."

"I know, right," my lips twisted, then said, "he looked more handsome now and taller."

"I can imagine him already. I'm sure you were so happy seeing him again."

"I was. I couldn't believe it at first, I thought I was dreaming. I hugged him to make sure that he was real."

"You still have a soft spot for him."