Chapter 20: Challenge Accepted

Hey there,

guess what i just added a youtube video to this chapter for the first time cuz one of my dear friends and fans "Pinka95" suggested the song on my profile as the perfect song for Sarah in the book. And i i agree with her. It is so funny someone actually wrote and sang a song about her before i was even born hahahaha......atleast i think it was before my birth, i havent checked the date yet hahahaha

O.k Dear readers

 Here is chapter 20. It is a light, fun-filled kinda chapter, with not much in the way of action but a lot of emotion and chemistry. I hope u all love it.

As Always plz don’t forget to vote and comment.  I don’t have to tell u how much ur support means to me, so please don’t hold back. Especially now since the deadline for round 3 of the gatekeeper contest is so damn close. Ur support is very much needed for the success of this novel, so plz don’t hold backJ

CHAPTER 20:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED;

She had married an absolute monster.

Sarah was feeling angry, dejected and just a little bit fed up with the whole thing. In fact she was pretty much spoiling for a fight.

Breathe girl! She told herself, gritting her teeth to stop herself from crying out loud when the damn horse underneath her pitched her up in the air again as it trotted over the steep incline.

Sarah didn’t even think to occupy herself with the stunning scenery all around her. She had tried that at first but had abandoned that particular idea hours ago.

The forest had given way to verdant green hills, reminiscent of the "Sound Of Music".The Sun burst to life in short exuberant spurts, from in between a veil of fluffy white clouds overhead flooding the scenery with light. They had been trekking through isolated valleys and hills, with some flowery meadows dotted around in the distance and that hadn’t changed all day.

For all intents and purposes it was the most beautiful and unspoiled place Sarah had ever seen in her entire life. Spring was in full bloom and the hills were alive. It was just so picturesque; the grassy, gently sloping hills with the tall, imposing, rocky mountains off in the distance.

It should have been a perfect day, but it wasn’t, at least not for Sarah.

And she had thought the side-saddle was difficult to get used to, well it wasn’t, not by a long shot. Sitting precariously atop a giant black horse without any saddle was definitely much worse. The Highlanders didn’t use saddles for some completely unknown and probably hare-brained reason. Unfortunately unlike them her arse was not made of stone.

Although she did have a folded plaid underneath it, the same one she had used as her marital bed last night it still didn’t give her any comfort. Far from it, every time she felt her butt scream out in agony, she thought of the Plaid underneath and every time she did that she thought of her wedding night, which invariably brought her agitated thoughts right back to the man she was trying her best to avoid. Which was damn near impossible because he was sitting right there behind her, seemingly unaware that she even existed.

The irony was that she couldn’t even have her own horse; she had to share his, fate was definitely conspiring against her.

And Iain hadn’t spoken so much as a word to her all day. Neither had any one else for that matter, because Iain had pretty much ordered everyone to shut it when they had set off from the forest this morning.