31st December | Part 3

⚠️ Sexual themes throughout; please skip if you aren't comfortable with this or if you're under 18⚠️

Our room was on the top floor of the hotel, meaning we had a short walk along the corridor, a lift to the penthouse, and then a short walk to the door of our room, the only room on the floor. As we made the short journey hand in hand, we spoke of the events of the day, the faces of our family members, and how glad we were that it hadn't rained. We stepped into the elevator, waiting patiently to reach the top floor, before Leah took a step towards me, placed a loving kiss on my lips, and wrapped her arm around my waist to pull me closer to her.

"Today was everything, Soph. Everything and more, so much more." She whispered.
"We made it."
"That we did."

The beep of the elevator let us both know that we had reached our floor. Leah kept her arm wrapped around my waist as we walked towards the door and swiped the key card on the lock to open it. Nothing was rushed; it didn't need to be. We made our way across the doorway, letting the door shut behind us and stopping with my back against the wall.

"I love you, Le." I breathed out.
"I love you, Soph. I love you."
"The room is nice." Fuck sake, Sophie.
"Hey, it's just me. Don't be nervous, Soph." Leah whispered, resting her forehead against mine.
"You always know." I chuckled.
"I'm your wife; it's my job."
"You've been waiting all day to say that line." I jibed.
"You always know."
"I'm your wife; it's my job."
"I've been waiting all day to hear that line."

We slowly made our way towards the bed, stopping at the edge of it, both anticipating what was to come. Leah ran her hands up the sides of my dress, following an imaginary trail from my sides to my back, and stopped when she had the zip between her fingers.

"Can I?"
"Always."

She pulled the zip slowly, savouring every moment of this buildup and kissing across every part of my neck, gently and with no rush. As the dress became looser, Leah's eyes dropped to my body, pulling on the fabric gently until it collapsed to the floor with a gentle thud.

"Fuck." Leah whispered, her eyes scanning across my body as if she'd never seen it before.

I let out a chuckle, feeling my cheeks go red at the compliment, before repeating the same process with Leah's dress.

"You get more perfect every time I look at you, you know."

Leah's turn to blush.

Leah sat upright at the top of the bed, the pillows behind her, as she guided me to sit on top of her. Her left hand rested on my thigh, and her right ran up and down my back as our lips reconnected again.

"You make me feel so many new things." Leah whispered, pulling back from the kiss.
"Yeah? Like what?"
"Ways I didn't know I could feel. My stomach feels like it might explode with butterflies right now." She chuckled gently.
"I've got them too." I whispered, placing kisses from her mouth to her jaw and then to her neck.

Leah leant her head back, letting gentle breaths escape her mouth every few kisses as my tongue trailed across her neck to her pulse point, and I gently bit down on it.

"Soph." She whimpered.
"You're so beautiful." I smiled.

We connected our lips again, every movement filled with more love than the moment before, and neither of us knew how that could be possible.

"This is amazing, and we haven't even started yet." Leah breathed out.
"Yeah, it's intense. In all the right ways."

Still not rushing, we took time to savour the moment and to say all the things we had been thinking throughout the day. Emotions were mixed; our eyes were happy but tearful as we lived inside the happiest bubble we had been in throughout our entire relationship.