Chapter 33

Happy Reading :)

"We need to talk," Ronnie's usual bright green eyes had lost their shine, his hair was shaggy and he hadn't shaved, his facial hair made him look even more haggard.

"Yeah we do," I nodded and looked at Melvin who had clenched his fists.

"I'm sorry Melvin," Ronnie turned to Melvin, "I just hope one day you see why I did what I did," At that he met my eyes and gave me a haunting look.

"I need to go talk to him Melvin," I got up and Melvin stood next to me protectively.

"Alone," Ronnie kept eye contact with me.

"Lydia I can't-"

"Melvin please, Marcus said it was okay and I really need to hash things out with him. I love you Melvin," I hugged Melvin tightly, almost like a goodbye. I somehow knew that this would be the last time he looked at me with eyes untouched with anger and disgust.

My relationship with Damon was feeling particularly unstable and I knew one blow from Ronnie would knock my whole facade down.

Ronnie looked away and I took that as my cue to follow him.

We walked upstairs to my room and he shut the door, I stood in the middle, determined not to get cornered.

"Ronnie I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry," I said when he refused to break the silence.  Suddenly the music turned on from downstairs, it was blasting and my whole room was vibrating with G-Eazy's Let's get lost.

"Lydia I'm a fucking social pariah now, who wants to hang out with the Tonelli reject huh? My best friends since I was old enough to walk turn their back on me. Because of you, because of you Lydia," his voice shook with emotion.

"It wasn't my fault, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time,"

"It was worth it though Lydia, all those years with your brothers was worth it to be able to be by you. Even now I don't regret a thing, but what I do regret is not murdering that piece of scum Damon Rodriguez,"

"Ronnie stop it," I didn't want to hear anymore.

"Do you know how much self control It took not to rip out his fucking throat when I saw you and him?" His jaw clenched and the tendons in his neck looked ready to pop, it was as if he was seeing it again.

"I didn't mean for you to see that! I didn't mean for anyone to get involved,"

"Well I saw Lydia, I got involved and I said some things I shouldn't have said and I paid the price for it," He walked to one of my shelves and picked up a picture of Greg carrying me piggy back when I was seven, he smiled slightly and set it down again, "I felt terrible for what I had said and I got what I deserved but I was happy because now I thought the truth would come out and your brothers would find out and you and Damon would be over."

"Ronnie you can't just-"

"No," He interrupted me and I pursed my lips, gesturing for him to continue, "I thought you would tell them because it wasn't my place to. We were even you see? I said something horrible to you but in return I didn't tell your brothers,"

"You didn't rat me out because of some fucked up idea that we're even now? Are you insane?" I hissed.

"I thought we could be together when they found out because they would want you to be with a good guy. I thought they would see the trash you were with and approve of a good guy," He said walking toward me, "Because I love you Lydia Isabella Tonelli, I love you so much,"

My mouth went dry, this was too much, he was trying to control fate and gone crazy in the process. He loved me? I wasn't even in love with Damon yet and I was actually in a relationship with him. Oh god Damon, I remembered my boyfriend and stood straighter at Ronnie's advance.