CHAPTER 87

Valerie's POV 

I can't breathe.

There is a huge lump stuck in my throat, stopping me from breathing properly. I try to open my mouth and take in as much breath as I can and it works.

Finally, I exhale, my nose stiff and cold.

My breathing isn't steady. It is beating wildly and heavily within my rib cage in rage. My head is pounding so hard and my eyes brim with tears.

I am not thinking about Ryan now. I am thinking about Fred. I am thinking about how Fred and I got separated and how I ended up being a wife to Ryan who is now obviously cheating on me with his first love.

Fred and I got separated because he cheated on me with my best friend and the same thing is happening again but this time with a man I vowed to love months ago even though I didn't mean to keep to the vow.

I shouldn't have fallen head over heels for him but how can I not when he always acts so sweet and tells me how much he loves me?

This isn't part of the plan but it happened anyway. Obviously, he didn't love me as much as I thought he did. He still wants her. It was Celina. He lied to me that he has no feelings for her anymore but he still does.

She is a fucking hot blonde, how can he not be in love with her still?

I am so stupid not to have known this. His Mother approves of her. He still likes her.

He sent me out of his room just to accommodate her. I thought he was joking when he asked me out but when he didn't call me back, I knew he wasn't joking. I thought his pride was getting in the way which was why he refused to call me back.

I couldn't ignore him. I couldn't stop thinking about him and his mother. I couldn't stop worrying about their health and safety and that made me go there again.

This is devastating.

My heart is broken. 

I find myself breathing harder with each passing second, making my anger get heightened.

I sit up in bed and place my head in between my thighs. I shouldn't be affected by this. I shouldn't let him get to me.

I deserve this, don't I? Is this why he is doing this to me? Was it because I was harsh to him right from the start? Has he been planning to take his revenge on me all this while?

With my head spinning, I roll back onto the bed. Just then, a knock comes on the door.

I do not respond to the knock because I am so sure it is mom. I told her on my way up that I needed to be alone. I told her that so she wouldn't disturb me but I know she won't listen. Her curiosity won't let her be and she is here to interrogate me to know what happened between Ryan and me.

The knock persists until I become irritated and grab a pillow to bury my face in the bed and to stop me from hearing the annoying sound of the door.

Before then, another loud knock comes and a male voice.

A familiar one.

Ryan? 

I find myself sitting upright again with the pillow in my right hand and my heart thumping wildly in my rib cage.

Ryan came all the way here this night?

"Val, please open the door", I hear him say loudly.

Did he get discharged already? Why is he here? To tell me that what I saw was nothing? To tell me that there is nothing between him and Celina just like he has been claiming, yet he sent me out and let her stay.