Chapter 6

I woke up to sun streaming through the windows and the sound of seagulls. I shifted slightly then smiled as I felt Caspian cuddled up to my back. His warmth lulling me back to sleep, however being the first time we have woken up together I wanted to stay awake and savour this moment. I turned slowly in his arms trying not to move too much in case I woke him up. I loosely draped my arm over his muscular waist and looked up to a sleeping Caspian. His black hair was messed up and his chest rose and fell peacefully with his pale pink lips parted slightly. I couldn't resist pecking him softly wanting to see his incredible eyes. After nothing changed and I didn't have the heart to wake him up, I turned in his arms then went to get up to make breakfast. Before my feet touched the floor I was yanked back down onto Caspian's chest my face inches from his smirking one. 

"Caspian!" I giggled, "I thought you were asleep!"

"No mate, I am awake." He whispered as he connected our lips.

Caspian flipped us over and I opened my legs for him to fit comfortably between. I moaned into the kiss and he ran his hands up and down my sides sometimes letting them stray lower and squeezing my ass. This kiss stayed slow and sensual never straying to something else. He parted our lips slightly then leaned back and smiled.

"Hungry." 

"What for?" I teased raising a brow. I don't think Caspian quite understood the joke in what I had just said as he frowned and tilted his head to the side.

"Fish?"

"Come on then, I'll make us something to eat." I smiled as I pulled him up.

We walked into the kitchen and there sat Bennett at the table head in hands. I looked towards Caspian who went to take a step forward to Bennett, however I stopped him and whispered for him to go and see Leomaris.

"Hey Bennett, you okay?" I asked as I pulled out the chair next to him and rubbed my hand along his back. His shoulders shook slightly as he tried to hold back his crying. 

"Is it Leo?" I asked hesitantly. He didn't reply only shock his head.

"What's wrong hun?" 

Bennett raised his head and swept away his tears with his fingertips. He looked like he had been up half the night, dark circles under his red rimed green eyes and his dark brown wavy hair looked as if he had been running his hands through it constantly. 

"It's Eric," he whispered, "I just fee like I'm being so disloyal." 

That confession really made my heart sink. Bennett deserved to be happy and Eric would want that too. I knew there would be some difficulties with him and Leo; however I hoped Leomaris could help him through it as well. He deserved to put the heartbreak and depression behind him now; a fresh start with a new person, or merman. Yes Leomaris was a bit stubborn, over protective and possessive but he was also loving and caring from what I've seen. Bennett needs someone who will keep his focus on them and not the bad things going on and I think Leo will do that job just fine.

"Bennett, look at me and listen." I said pulling his hands away from his face and turning him so we're facing each other. 

"Eric wouldn't want you upset over him and wasting a perfect opportunity. We both know that you will always love him and that's okay because you can love someone else too. Your mate, like you're supposed too. When you touch don't you feel the tingles? I know you're attracted to him so don't say you're not; Leomaris can help you get past all that and move on with all the good things you two will experience together. Go and tell him what you're feeling and everything that has happened in the past. He deserves to know about his mate's past and mindset. He's not going to judge you Bennett, and if he does I'll kick him out for the warriors to find or whatever they said." I looked into his watery eyes that looked sad and empty.