Chapter 24

Chris POV

Whenever Veronica told me that Christian was in the hospital, I was like what the hell happened. I finally arrived to the hospital. I got out my car and went inside.

"I'm here for Christian Brown," I said to the receptionist.

"Do you mean Christian Jones?" She asked, looking at the computer.

"No, I mean Christian Brown. He is my son"

"Well, I only see Christian Jones,"

"Chris, over here," Veronica said.

I walked away from the receptionist and went meet Veronica.

"Why did the receptionist said that Christian's last name is Jones. I could've sworn his last name was Brown because he is my son," I said, as we were walking to Christian's room.

"Umm, Chris about that. Christian is not your son,"

"What?" I asked, stopping in my tracks.

"Christian is not your son. Hakeem is"

"Hakeem who?"

"Hakeem Jones"

"You a hoe bruh"

I left the hospital and drove home. How could she do some shit like that.

Ja'Mylah POV

"What the fuck you mean your leaving me?"

"Just what I said. I'm leaving you,"

"Why? What have I done to you?"

"Nothing I just need to get out of here,"

"So your not going to take your own daughter with you?"

"Goodbye Mylah,"

After my mom said that, she walked out the door. My mom left me. My dad left me. I'm all alone. Luckily I have a boyfriend who is good to me.

I called his phone, he didn't answer. That's strange. He usually answers my phone calls. I just texted him

To Baby💕:

when you see this, can you call me back. It's important

I put my phone on my nightstand.

It's my senior year man. My last year of high school. I don't even know what college I want to go to. I need to start looking now. I pulled out my computer and started looking at colleges.

20 minutes later....

Still no call or text from Hakeem. *sighs* I hope he is ok.

I went in the kitchen and decided I was going to make myself dinner. I went in the refrigerator and got all the ingredients I needed. I made rice and gravy with baked chicken and corn on a cob. After I finished making all of that. I went to the dining room table and ate my food. I could get used to living by myself. It gets lonely at times.

After I finished eating, I put the extra food away in the refrigerator. I went upstairs in my room and found some clothes to wear. I went take a shower. After I finished my shower, I went to bed.

Hakeem POV

I just woke up from my nap. I was tired as hell. I looked at my phone and seen I had 5 missed calls and one text message. One from Ja'Mylah, two from Veronica, and two from my job. Oh shit! I forgot I had work today. Oh well. I looked at my messages and one was from Ja'Mylah.

From Wifey👰🏽💍💕:

when you see this, can you call me back. It's important

I seriously do not feel like calling her back. I don't even want to be with her in the first place. She just not my type. I'm just doing this for Veronica, so our plan can go out right. Everything is going to be happening on graduation day😈

Author's Note: I'm not really feeling this chapter. It seems boring to me. Let me know how you guys feel in the comments below