Chapter 22

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 22:

-Jane's POV-

We were cuddled on my broken bed for I don't know how long. All I know is that it must be really long because the movie on tv was about to end.

"Do you want me to go get you something?" I mumbled, sweeping the hair out of my face.

When I didn't get an answer, I look up at him, seeing he had been sleeping, soft snores leaving his mouth.

I pulled a small smile, pecking the back of his right hand softly, before leaving his arms to get me some food downstairs.

I'm hungry!

My feet padded across the carpet, the stairs creaking as I walked down them, and to the kitchen.

Opening my fridge, I leaned down to see the things I've got in stock.

Taking out some bacon, I glared at the time seeing it was passed noon, nearly evening.

"Aw who the hell cares." I shrugged, taking the bacon out and setting it on the counter.

Pulling out a pan from the cabinet, I set it right on top of the stove, turning the fire on.

Pouring some oil on the pan and spreading it, I watched the wisps of smoke rise up later on.

The sizzling noise grew as soon as I set the strips of bacon on the pan, me sniffing that good smell. It just made me grow even hungrier.

I flipped the switch for the radio just on the counter, humming to a tune that came on as I leaned on the wall, patiently waiting for the bacon to finish frying.

The doorbell startles me, making me jump slightly.

I turned around slowly, semi jogging over to the front door as I breathed out, swinging it open slowly.

"Hey." I say, looking up at four confused looking boys and El standing beside Louis.

I bit my lip. "What's up guys?"

"Do you happen to know where Harry is?" Liam says, me glaring at him.

Louis eyes me suspiciously, seeing that I was in just my really short shorts a tank top and my hair was a bit messy.

"We need Haz, since he ditched rehearsal." Niall smiled at me.

"Er.. He's actually sleeping upstairs." I say honestly.

El raises an eyebrow her mouth shaping an 'o'

"Nononono! Not that way. He stopped by to err..Pick his jackets up, amd he said he just wanted to crash soo uhh he did." I tried my best to lie.

They nodded understandingly, except El. She was the least stupid one.

She just smirked, but I still couldn't admit it. Me and Harry still had to pretend that we hated each other right now. But I still hated him right? I did.. That couldn't change.. I can't let that happen. They couldn't find out we hooked up.. Again.

When they weren't looking, I took that time to casually just run my fingers through my hair so it wouldn't be as bad looking.

"I'll go get him, you just wait all here." I say quickly, slamming the door in their faces.

I ran to turn off the stove before sprinting up the stairs and to my room.

"Harry get up!" I panicked, jumping on him as I tickled him. It's my new strategy to get what I want out of him. Something that I just learned today.