Chapter 43: Save You Tonight

(Louis' POV)

I was getting ready for our appearance on The Ellen Show. We were going to perform "One Way or Another" and then be interviewed. I was somewhat nervous, I mean, it was a live taping. I heard my phone ring and I picked it up. One new text from: Bo<3

            Hey Babe! Good luck today! I'll be watching! Xx

Well, now I'm even more nervous. Fun. I quickly replied:

            Thanks love! Miss you! Skype later? :)

            Sure, say around 5?

            Sounds perfect. See you then. Xx

            Yep. Byeeeeeee :)

I smiled at her last text before slipping my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. I took one last look in the mirror: fixing a few strands of hair. The knock at my door signaled it was time to go. I picked up my mic and walked out to meet the boys in front of the stage entrance. We waited for our queue, then stepped out to see a few cameras and about fifty people in the room, mostly teenage girls, of course. The music started and so our performance began.

~~~~~~~~~One Performance Later~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey guys! Glad you could come today!" the host, Ellen, said as we sat down next to her on the couch. I was squished in between Liam and Harry.

"Yeah, we're shooting a new video soon here, so it was good timing." Niall said, smiling.

"So, you guys recently finished up a tour, how was that?" she asked. It was funny: we were both wearing stripes and red skinny jeans. She's like a twin, but looks more like Niall.

"It was really great. We loved getting to travel all over the world and see so many fans." Zayn said.

"Yeah, that sounds fun. Wish I could do that, but sadly, I'm stuck here. I also heard that you guys recently went to Africa for some charity work."

"Yeah, we went to Ghana and hung out with kids for a few days. It was really fun and eye-opening." Liam said. I remembered meeting all those kids. They were all smiling the whole time, ecstatic about our presence in their homes.

"That's really great. So, now the question everyone's been asking, who's single?" I watched as Niall and Harry raised their hands. I smiled realizing that for once I didn't have to.

"So with that, Louis, how is your girlfriend doing? Apparently she's been seen in the hospital quite a few times." I didn't want to tell anyone the truth without asking her first, so, I lied.

"Oh. She's been a little sick lately, they're just checking up to make sure she doesn't have pneumonia or something. Everything's fine." Even though it wasn't.

"Alright, that’s good. But do you know anything about this picture? My twitter feed was blown up with tweets asking me to ask you about it, so could you?" I turned to the screen and saw Bo, in my beanie, kissing some guy. I couldn't tell who the guy was: but the picture was obviously recent because you couldn't see her hair. I clenched my jaw, staring at the image in silence, trying to find an explanation of why it was fake. But I thought of nothing.

"Uh. No, probably fake, or old. People are always doing this, so we try not to worry about it." I sighed.

"Alright then. Moving on." she started to ask the other boys about their relationship while I sat there staring into space. Had Ashley really cheated on me? Why? And who was the guy?