Forty Four: Truth Hurts

She was gasping for breath like she used to after she had ran a marathon when she was a human, her heart racing as if so, too.

Suddenly, that nap wasn't the number one thing on her mind anymore.

Adrian, he had just marked her. His fangs had sunk into Isaline's soft skin, and just as that ecstasy took over, there was a sharp pain that started as well. She could open her mouth, but nothing came out, not words, not cries, not moans, nothing. Just as they occurred, Adrian moaned into her mouth, his hand creating a fist around a handful of hair, and towards the bottom of her belly she felt a lurch, a drop like one experienced when they went down a steep hill, or a dip on a rollercoaster.

She found her voice then as fear took over, fear that Adrian marking her had done something to her baby, and she screamed, louder than she ever had before, she fought against him, but he didn't pull away, and her stomach dropped again.

Giving up the fight, Isaline rested a hand on her stomach where she kept getting the feeling that was starting to terrify her, and when she did, she felt the skin bulge out, felt the outline of a little foot. She screamed even louder.

"Adrian, stop, my baby he's-"

"He's just kicking," Adrian spoke around a mouthful of blood and flesh, pulling away only to land another bite on the top of Isaline's left breast. It was like a remake of the first bite, and this time, Isa came, writhing against him as waves of something entirely stronger than an orgasm took over her entire being.

The baby didn't seem to like what was going on at all. Adrian's words didn't soothe Isaline, either, the asshole was drunk, he didn't know what he was saying! After two more bites placed on Isaline's inner wrist of her right hand, and another on her shoulder, Adrian pulled away. Isaline was spent, and trying to fight the blackness that was blurring the edges of her vision.

Finally, Isaline was able to crawl out of Adrian's grip, hysterical sobs falling from her lips as she landed on the ground on her hands knees, then scrambled to her feet. Before she could even reach the exit to their bedroom, Adrian's arms were wrapped around her, pulling her back against his chest as he sat down on the bed, "No, baby, you can't....don't run, alright?"

"My baby..." Isa sobbed, her heart pounding now because she was sure there was something wrong with her child.

"Our baby, is fine, Momma," Adrian cooed, resting his large still burning hand on her belly, right where she had felt that little foot press against her palm, "He's just kicking, got a little excited when I marked you. Nothing is wrong with him at all, he's perfectly fine, heart beat is normal, he was just a little... pumped as you would say. Go to sleep, Isaline."

"N...No," She panted, staring blankly across the room, "You can't keep forcing that sleep on me. You could have hurt him, Adrian," It was taking everything in her to continue to speak and not give in to the command the man who had turned her immortal, her creator had given to her.

Adrian seemed to have sobered up within seconds, "I would never do anything to hurt my child,"

Isaline had so many responses to that.

So many.

The main one being, If you never would hurt this child then why did you throw me, let me get burned?  She didn't speak the bitter inquisition, having told herself that after all he had been doing to try and right that wrong, she wouldn't shove it back into his face, but Adrian heard it  from her mind as if she had screamed it in his face.

"You're too rash, Adrian," Isa whispered after watching him flinch, "You can't just do something like mark me, not when I'm pregnant, four months in, and don't know how that will affect the baby!"