forty three.

deadly games❝misfit❞

deadly games
misfit

GROWING AWARE OF YOUR LOVE WAS SOMETHING NOT MANY COULD DO. The difficulty it held was hard to surpass, so it often happens to take it for granted. To think that if you're loved, you don't have to do it back — eventually you can find yourself with nothing of that love you got so used to.
But there are times when something beautiful and rare as a created spark by two different people, comes to life. There are many who share feelings, but just as many who don't feel it equally. One person is most likely to love the other more, creating some type of negativity towards something that could have been great.

"Diamond." you gave your answer once the countdown started.

In your situation, you stopped feeling that your love was unrequited the second Chishiya finally let his guard down. You acknowledged it the same way the blonde did, even though you wouldn't think of it as something as big as love. In reality, it might be.
Chishiya wondered if he did the right choice by admitting everything to you, he felt naked now and full of embarrassment that you might not reciprocate it the same way. There was no time to answer him, because of the round ending and the requirement of entering your cells. The continuity of the game was keeping him on his toes, meanwhile it gave you more time to process.
Ever since you encountered Chishiya nothing with him has been easy, so just accepting and showing him that all of it was mutual, seemed unrealistic — as if once you'd do so, something bad will happen. It wasn't because you didn't trust him, since you knew that he could be trusted now. And it wasn't because you were doubting his feelings. It was simply because you were used to things being difficult. Him handing you his sincere heart on a plate, just seeemd too good to be true.

Once the door opened, you knew you had to face everything straight on. Promising yourself that you'd be honest with your heart and the man that successfully achieved to get it so effortlessly — it was the least you could do for someone that proved himself worthy in a matter of only a few days.

  Since your cell was still next to his, it was easy to see him immediately as the new round started. He was getting out of his cell, but he looked as if he wanted to remain there, not wanting to face what happened earlier.

  "Hey, about that thing earlier..." you started as you walked closer to him.

  "Let's postpone it for now. We can't deal with this thing while being in a game." he was right, but something about the way he avoided the subject made it stung.

  "Right, of course. I just thought that maybe we should... I don't know, figure it out as soon as possible." you said entangled your own words.

  "We should just focus for now." Chishiya simply brushed it off again and this time — you nodded. What else was there to do?

  As he began to walk away back to the guardroom, where everyone else should be, all you could do was follow behind him.
  Just like you expected, they were all gathered there, discussing how the guy they lied to and died wasn't the Jack, after all. Chishiya found his way next to Ippei, meanwhile you didn't think you should stay next to him while having an unresolved issue. So you gave him a long look before making your way towards Urumi's group.
  Little things preoccupied you since the game started, not allowing you to make any moves and play the game. The fact that Chishiya postponed the conversation was useful, as much as it bothered you.