Chapter 10

August

"Sit up and take this." I ordered.

Leah sat up and took the advil and swallowed it down wit' some water.

"What happened last night?" She asked.

"I seen you dancin' wit' some nigga I used ta' sell too. All imma say is he jus' wanted pussy A'leah. I wasn't lettin' you leave wit' that nigga. He's dangerous."

"Why are you lying?"

"Fuck you mean why am I lying? Leah don't start it's too early fa' ya bullshit."

I got up and walked outta her room. I heard her footsteps behind me.

"You just don't want me happy August! Is that what it is!?" She yelled.

"Lower your damn voice yo. Our kids are still sleepin'."

"Why don't you want me happy August? Is it cause I won't give you another chance? Is that it?" She asked with her arms folded.

"You don't get it do you?" I asked.

"No, explain yourself."

"I'm tired of explainin' myself A'leah and I'a shouldn't have to eitha'. If you wanna go ahead and fuck wit' ol dude be my guest. I'm warning ya ass na', if my kids are put in any danger, I'm filing fa' full custody and you don't want that." I threatened.

"Do you have any idea as to who your ass is talking to? I can press charges for putting your hands on me the other day. I have pictures of my bruises when you first gave them to me." She fired back.

"If you wanted ta' report my ass, you would have done it when it happened. But let's remember we raising two kids and ion't think you wanna explain as ta' why I wouldn't be around if you tryna be petty." I smirked.

"Fuck you." She spat.

"Coo'."

I headed downstairs ta' warm up breakfast that I made. Jus' some scrambled cheese eggs, sausage and grits.

"I don't even remember what happened last night. I just remember dancing all over some guy and you stopping me." She mumbled.

"If I ain't stop you, who knows what would have happened ta' you. Leah your the mother of my kids, and I want nothing more fa' you ta' be happy. Ain't nobody jealous of shit because we have history together and can't nobody try and ruin that. I wasn't gone let you walk out that club wit' that nigga. Ion't give a fuck if you was drunk or sober." I said bluntly.

"Do you still love me?" She asked randomly.

"You should already kno' the answer ta' that. I always will but fa' right na', we need ta' be apart. We agreed ta' co-parenting so that's what we finna do aight?" She nodded.

I kno' she wanted a different answer but that's all I was giving her. I need ta' do me fa' a while. I need ta' stop stressin' and focus on August.

"I'm gonna go shower."

"Aight."

She walked down the hall, into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. I chuckled at her anger.

Yes, I messed up but I'm payin' fa' it na'. She should be lucky that I still care enough ta' watch over her ass. I could be an asshole and say fuck her but I'm not.

What she said ta' me at therapy really hurt me. You's fuckin' wit' my blood is some really foul shit but I'm not gonna hold it over her head forever.

At some point and time you gotta learn ta' forgive but never forget.

"Daddy, I warm." Mason yawned.