Chapter 24

Steve had started helping in the planing and Bri began getting more and more curious as to what they were doing.

'I'm going to barf.' Tony said putting his head down on the table.

'We'll find it eventually.' Tegan reassured him.

Since their close call, the ring had gone missing. Bri packed up for the day when something caught her eye; Steve's jacket. What if he had something that could help her figure out what was going on. She looked around and made sure the coast was clear before he picked up the jacket and searched the pockets.

'Gum wrapper, pen, house keys and engagement ring.' She said pulling each item out.

She sighed in defeat until she realized the last thing she said.

'Engagement ring?' She said whispered to herself opening the velvet box and admiring the ring.

The door to the office opened and she hastily stuck the ring back into his packet before throwing it back onto the couch.

'See you tomorrow, Tony.' Steve said as he and Tegan left the office.

They turned around and saw Bri standing awkwardly beside the couch hoping to look natural.

'Goodnight, Bri.' Tegan said smiling.

Steve grabbed his jacket before Bri grabbed his arm and lead him to her work area.

'Just got to have a word with him!' She called to Tegan.

Steve looked dumbfounded at Bri before she spoke.

'You're going to propose?' She said giving Steve a hug.

Steve stood awkwardly until it hit him. The ring was stuffed in his pocket and he'd forgotten about it.

'You looked in my pockets?' He asked once Bri let go.

'Sorry about that but I'm glad I did! Tegan isn't the type to settle down easily but I can see her have a future with you.' Bri said beaming.

Steve smiled at her for a moment before hastily walking away and to Tony's office.

'Stark, I left my lucky pencil in there.' He said pounding on Tony's office door.

Tony opened it and let him in before Steve slammed it shut.

'What was that all about?' Tegan asked walking up to Bri.

'You'll know soon enough.' Bri said smiling.

Tegan raised her eyebrows and she saw Steve storm out of Tony's office and walk to the elevators.

'See you tomorrow!' Tegan called before running to catch up with him before the doors closed.

Bri smiled to herself before walking to Tony's office and opening the door.

'How's your project been?' She asked hugging him from behind.

'Alright.' He said leaning his head against hers.

'We need to get you out of this office some time soon.' She said kissing his neck with a smile.

'How about next Wednesday? We can have a date night like we used to.' He said turning around and holding her by the waist.

'I think that would be perfect.' She said before he kissed the top of her nose softly.

*

'She thinks your proposing to me?' Tegan asked Steve he got ready for bed.

'Yeah! I had the ring in my pocket and I completely forgot about it!' He said pulling on his typical plaid pants.

'At least now she had no clue.' Tegan said optimistically.

Steve smiled at her before he brought her into a hug.

'She told me that she could see you having a future with me even though you never wanted to be married.' He whispered.

'I'd love to have a future with you even if we aren't married. Being with you is enough, I don't need a ring to make it official.' She said pulling away slightly so she could look into his eyes.

He smiled at her before planting a soft kiss on her lips.