Chapter 35: Gifts

The next morning Shourya watched his sweet little Meera rummage through their suitcases to find everyone's presents.

"Aapko yaad hai kya, ki Neel chachu ka gift kahan rakha hai? Bas wohi milna baki hai."

(Do you remember where we put Neel chachu's gift? It's just that one left.)

Shourya chuckles at her before pointing to the side of the bag she was sitting near, "Tumne woh already nikal liya hai jaan."

(You've already taken it out jaan.)

Meera sheepishly picks it up and puts it in the bag with the rest of the presents. She was super excited to give everyone their presents.

"Abho chalo baba, sab already niche humare wait kr rahe hai."

(Now lets go, everyone else is already downstairs waiting.)

Shourya picks up the bag before holding his wife's hand and leading them outside. The couple's smiles not leaving their face when they see their family waiting for them.

"Meera bhua! Jaldi, mukhe aapko huggie aur kissie deni hai!"

(Aunty Meera, quick I need to give you huggies and kissies.)

When they reach their family, Shourya fake pouts at Jai, "No huggies and kissies for me?"

This causes a giggle to erupt from Jai, before he takles Shourya with hugs and kisses. Meera watches the exchange feeling a sense of happiness, knowing that they're future kids will have the best father in the world.

"Okay okay, chalo make room for Bhabhi to sit. And please everyone, wait you turn okay? Sab ko chance milega." Aarav instructs the buzzing group. They all had questions about the trip, they wanted to see al the pictures and hear about the experiences, not to mention know what present was for them.

(Everyone will get a chance.)

Shourya takes Jai in his lap as he sits next to Meera, the couple recite everything they could from France, showing pictures and reciting funny moments, wanting to keep their sweet moment to themselves.

"WHAT! Aap log DisneyLand nahi gaye??" Riya exclaims with a pout.

(You guys didn't go to DisneyLand?)

Meera also pouts and looks at Shourya and just to join in, Aarav and Muskaan also stick their faces in Shourya's line of vision with pouts on their faces. Shourya rolls his eyes at the childishness.

"DisneyLand? Meera bhua mujhe bhi jana hai!"
Meera pulls him onto her lap and has him face Shourya and now there were 5 faces pouting at him. Causing him to roll his eyes again.

(DisneyLand? Aunty Meera, I also want to go!)

"Aare baba, aise maat dekho tum log. Acha, meine Meera ko promise kiya hai ki after we have kids and they are old enough we'll go back." Shourya says, causing all eyes to land on the precious girl whose pout had turned into a gaping mouth and a blush covered her cheeks as she gawked at her husband.

(Hey guys! Don't do this you guys. Okay, I've promised Meera that we'll go after we have kids and they're old enough.)

"Oh hooooo!"

"Itne aage ki planning kr li hai?"

(You've planned ahead?)

"Wah ji wah!"

(Wow)

"Phir toh aap log jaldi jaldi baby plan kro na baby."

(Then you guys plan a baby quickly.)

"So anyway, Riya, Aarav aur Muskaan agar tabh tak apni degree finish kr ke, jobs join krli toh tum logon ko bhi le jaaunga. Okay?"

(If Riya, Aarav and Muskaan enrol and finish their degree, and join thier jobs then you guys can also come along. Okay?)

Shourya smirks at the trio who gaze at each other before slumping into their seats.

"Aur mein kya karunga?" Shourya smiles at Jai before saying, "aap toh already sab mein number one ho. Toh aapko sirf mere saath enjoy krna hai, okay?"

(And what will I do?)

(You are number one in everything, so you just enjoy yourself with me. Okay?)

The rest of the family laughs at their children as they bicker. Rohan also watches the exchange, wanting to be a part but uncomfortable to join. He watches longingly until Riya runs towards him, holds his arm and says, "Aapki shaart hum manzoor nahi hai! Rohan bhai hume le jayenge, haina bhaiya?"

(We don't accept your condition! Rohan bhai will take us, right bhai?)

Rohan looks up at his cousin before giving her a smile and nodding, and soon Aarav is hanging off his other arm joining them.

Meera and Shourya glance at each other before smiling knowingly, appreciating that the youngsters were being mature and being sure to include Rohan.

"No he won't, he's on our side. Woh bhi chahta hai ki tum log juch karo. Right, Rohan?"

(He would also want you to do something with yourselves.)

Again, Rohan just looks at Shourya and nods. Seeing the slight awkwardness his son was facing, Neel diverts the attention of the group.

"Aare bhai, sirf pictures hi hai kya humare liye yah gifts bhi laye ho?"

(Hey, do we only get pictures or did you get us gifts too?)

Meera squeals, "nahi chachu! Gifts laye hai na."

(No chachu! We've bought gifts.)

Shourya would take out the presents one by one and she would hand them out to everyone.

Everyone got their presents except two people, Shourya cleared his throat before passing Rohan a box, "this is for you, it's an antique wristwatch. Tumhe shaunk hai na watches ka, so we thought you might like it."

(You wrists watches)

"Y-you guys didn't have to. Really. But it's beautiful. Thank you." The couple smiles at Rohan before Meera reaches for the last box in the bag.

She peeks at her husband who gives her a light nod, "Ch-chachi ji, th-this is for you. It's a hand-carved jewelry box. W-we thought y-you might like it."

Reema looks utterly shocked at the gesture, she hesitates before taking the present. The energy is awkward in the room watching the exchange.

Fearing Neel's reaction and just being embarrassed by her situation, Reema has avoided everyone. And as a result, everyone seemed to be walking on eggshells around her too. Even when Meera was promised to her son, Reema never considered her an equal.

"Thank you," Reema mumbled before opening the box. Reema feels suffocated by the attention, especially when Meera is also looking her way. The girl she has been nothing but rude to

"Bhai, Bhabhi! These gifts are amazing! Thank you so much."

The family again gushes over the couple's thoughtfulness to ensure they bring something back for everyone.

Shourya and Meera smile at each other before prompting everyone to head over for breakfast.

Hey guys! How did you like the update, nothing too exciting happened but please do leave your thoughts. 

Remember to vote, comment and share!

Love you guys and see you next time <3