CHAPTER 89

Ryan's POV 

Slamming my fists on the steering, I let out a growl of frustration as my head drops to the wheel.

I hate him with all my being.

I hate him for pretending to be my father all these years. I hate him for everything.

After letting out several puffs to calm my nerves, I finally step down from the car. I close it back and walk straight into the hospital.

I wonder when Mother will be finally discharged. Even if he wanted her back into the mansion, I wouldn't have allowed it. I have plans of keeping her with me till everything is resolved.

After making plans to keep her in my house, I was a little scared she might want to go back home but now that he is throwing her out, it will work to my benefit. I can never let her take him again and I need to know what exactly is happening and why all of this happened.

After all, he asked me to demand questions about this from her. I only hope she answers me this time and does not lie to me.

I step into the ward and open the door to her room. The first thing I see makes me halt in my tracks.

The back of a woman.

If I had never seen her in these 
clothes, I would have thought it was Celina again because I never thought she wouldn't come to check up on Mom ever again because of her anger.

The sound of the door opening must have alerted them both because she turns back immediately to meet my gaze. Mother has a light smile on her face like they have been discussing something funny about me behind my back.

That amusement in her expression says it all.

Abruptly, she rises from the chair.

She is wearing a pleated two-tone knitted white and red mini dress and carrying a red leather bag. She has golden red stud earrings on and leather sandals. 

Her dress makes me raise a brow, tempted to question where she is headed or where she is coming from.

We have had our fair share of arguments and disagreements but that doesn't stop me from admiring and respecting her so much. I can't deny that she gets me really upset sometimes but her absence makes me miss her and know her worth more than anything else.

If we keep up with this, then our marriage might not work out but I want it to work. Father must have thought it won't work out but I am sure it will.

I guess the bulk of this lies in my hand. If Valerie isn't ready to back down and let go of some of her silly attitude for us to work, I will. This is how much I love and miss her. I will learn to overlook a lot of things about her behavior and I will learn to always apologize for my mistakes.

I just hope she realizes all of this and does her part. 

"Ryan" Mother calls, her voice a bit louder than ever before. I close the door behind me with a little smile playing on my lips as I approach them.

Valerie looks like she is about to leave but I don't know if she will since Mother doesn't know about our fight.

"I should go now", she turns back to peck Mother on the forehead as I stop behind her with folded arms.

"Why?" I question with my brows furrowed. 

This means she must have told Mother about our fight.

"I need to go back home now, I've been out all morning and I don't want to get Mom worried about me", she replies calmly, making me more confused.