𝟢𝟣𝟪,ACHE

CRUEL SUMMER
018 | ache

ACHE, Renee's body ached: her eyes from how tightly she had scrunched then together as she cried herself to sleep, her arms from how she hit JJ before forcing him to leave her house. And her heart had the greatest ache of all, because a massive part of it was now missing.

After JJ left was a blur. She remembered Jaylee, her new white knight — she remembered Jaylee sitting on the floor of her bathroom holding her hands as she helped Renee through the several panic attacks that happened within the hours after the breakup.

" what happened Ren?" Jaylee would ask, hovering close to the girl who was still crying as she shook her head.

" JJ-" is all she could say. Blubbering between words as she rocked herself back and forth " he, broke up with me."

Renee's body ached — aching for the one thing she couldn't have any more. The sheer sheet of a duvet sat over her as daylight broke.

The light splintering from her window that wasn't hers into a room that also wasn't hers, a few half unpacked cardboard boxes laid scattered around. A half drank glass of water on the side table beside her as she sat herself up and took a sip, probably being extremely dehydrated after all the crying she did last night.

She felt alone, Renee missed the feeling of his body beside her, his fingers running through her hair. She missed him and it had been hours since they spoke last. She also hated him; for hurting like this, for letting his own theories and jealously break them up, break them apart.

But in reality, she could never hate JJ Maybank — she'd struggle to ever feel anything but love for him.

She rubbed her eyes and exhaled. Reaching for the phone that was connected to a charging lead on the floor — an influx of missed calls and unread text messages but none from the one person she wished they were from.

CONTACT: kie❤️‍🔥

CONTACT: kie❤️‍🔥

kie❤️‍🔥
girl r u ok?
(4:21pm)

kie❤️‍🔥
let me know ur alive please ❤️
( 6:53pm)

kie❤️‍🔥
hey, do you know what's going on with JJ?

kie❤️‍🔥
he's just come back to chateau and he's not good
( 9:45pm)

kie❤️‍🔥
what? u guys broke up?
(10:04pm)

kie❤️‍🔥
where the hell are you Ren?

Ren🫶🏼
Jaylee's house