38

UPON SEEING THE familiar raven haired vampire, the witch smiled.

"Em," Damon smiled, approaching her as she slowly got off the hood of the car and approached him. He pulled her in for a hug, "are you okay?"

Klaus stated at the interaction with clenched jaw but said nothing as he watched her wrap her own arms around him, nodding against his chest. "Where were you?"

"Had something to deal with," Damon replied shortly, pulling back, "you sure you're fine?"

"I am."

"Where's Elena?" He asked once he made sure she truly was all right. He looked at Klaus, "where's she?"

"Ah, she's making a donation to a greater cause," the hybrid replied, clicking his tongue, amused at his own words.

Damon began to walk towards the hospital but Klaus instantly stopped him, pushing him back lightly, "I'm afraid I can't let you interfere, mate."

"You'll have to kill me."

"Oh, I would love to kill you, but I made a pledge to your brother, and unlike him, I keep my word," Klaus paused, tilting his head slightly, "although, you know what, thinking about it now, he probably doesn't care that much anymore."

He then pushed Damon against the hood of a car and raised his hand in the air, about to rip his heart out. However, Emery was quick to stop him as she rushed towards them, "no, wait!"

Klaus gritted his teeth, turning his head to look at her, his hand mid-air, "what?"

"What do you mean, 'what'?" The witch scoffed, looking at Damon who was confused, "he's my best friend, you're not killing him."

The dirty blonde refrained himself from rolling his eyes at her despite the fact that he knew he wasn't going to get the job done, not when she stopped him. 

"And," Damon cut in, smirking at Klaus, "don't you want to know about your friend Mikael?"

Emery noticed how his entire body stiffened. Klaus's clenched his jaw, giving Damon his whole attention as he squeezed his throat, "what do you know about Mikael?"

"Just that he knows you're here."

"You're bluffing," Klaus breathed out, unable to believe what he was hearing while Emery stood there, growing confused at the conversation. Who was Mikael?

"Katherine and I found him," Damon informed, "consider it our leverage."

Klaus then angrily threw him against another car making him fall on the ground.

Emery gasped at the action bit didn't get the time to say anything when she felt herself being lifted up and before she knew it, she was in some garden.

Klaus was standing in front of her, heavy breaths leaving him. He looked like he was trying to control his breathing but couldn't. She watched as he ran a hand through his hair and paced around, looking at anywhere but her.

"Are you about to have a panic attack?"

"No," he breathed out with a small shake of his head, "I just— I need to get out of here."

"Then why'd you drag me here?"

"Because I wanted to," he answered simply, finally seeming to have calmed down. He turned to look at her, standing a few feet away, "and I meant, this town. I have to get out of Mystic falls."

"What?" She furrowed her brows in confusion, "why?"

"I just have to," he muttered, stepping closer to her. He wasn't about to tell her that he was running away again.