Chapter 12

Valerie's POV
I sat in their hotel room after explaining everything to them and asking for their help with the Cullens. They were sent by the vampire kings to help me, and if my vision was correct then they need to be in the loop a the Cullens plans.

They had introduced themselves as the elite guard for the Volturi;

Felix the strongest vampire in the world.

Felix is about 6'6 feet tall with a muscular body and having a slightly olive complexion which looks odd combined with his chalky pallor. He has layered dark brown hair and the darkening red eyes of a human-feeding vampire

Demetri the tracker.

Demetri also has an olivey complexion with a chalky pallor, and strawberry blonde hair that spikes up and around his head. He is lean and stands 5'11 feet tall. He's relatively attractive, but not my type, and he's very charming and charismatic. His eyes are also burgundy in color due to his diet on human blood.

Jane and Alec the witch twins.

Jane is 5'4 feet tall and has a tiny body with dirty blonde hair kept in a neat and tidy bun in the back of her head and pale skin to compliment it. She could easily be mistaken for a preteen boy, as she wears clothes that hide her already slim and petite figure, if not for her girlish face and full lips. Her face is angelically beautiful in its childlike appearance, and lovely when it is animated.

Alec is looks similar to his sister, though his hair is a dark brown, he is taller in stature standing at 5'10 feet, and his lips aren't as full as hers. Alec, along with his sister Jane, is angelically beautiful.

They appear to be between 16-18 years old and remind me of mischievous nymphs or cherubs that often pull pranks on unsuspecting people then go and play innocent to mommy and daddy.

I won't lie and say that this isn't out of character for me, but I'm following my instincts and they're telling me to trust the Volturi and that I have a deeper connection to the twins. If my visions are accurate then they will see me as a mother figure in the future.

Currently I'm sat on one of the hotel beds, and sandwiched between Alec and Jane as they chat me up and we get to know each other. Felix is standing across from us eye balling us to ensure that everything is okay. As for Demitri he's in the hallway on the phone with the kings and explaining the situation to them.

I finally have enough and ask "Is something wrong Mr. Felix?" He seems startled and says "No, nothing, my lady" I raised a brow and say "You've been staring at me for the past 25 minutes, I think you have something to say so say it" he quickly averts his eyes at that and hesitates before saying "It's nothing, my lady" I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms.

"Let's get one thing straight, Felix, I HATE liars. If I find out that you're lying to me, I'll beat you like a redheaded stepchild" I said making him look at me in amusement before saying "When you meet the rest of the Volturi don't be surprised when they stare" I cock my head and ask "Why?" He then says "Everyone loves pregnant women and babies. They're both entertaining and one of the reasons that the Volturi was formed."

I looked at him in surprise and he continues his confession "I haven't had the opportunity to be near a pregnant woman, so to hear a baby's heartbeat in the womb, is rather magical" my jaw dropped slightly and I asked "You can hear their heartbeat?" He nods "Yes. It's very....emotional" I stared at him for a moment then asked "Do you...wanna touch my stomach?"

He seemed surprised by my question then hesitatingly said "If you're comfortable with it..." I laughed and said "God! Yes!" I leaned over and yanked his hand from the arm of the chair and rested on my stomach.

He seemed flustered by my actions and made extra sure to keep his touch light and gentle. He eventually relaxed and knelt at my feet and rested his head on my belly and started purring much like a cat.

I couldn't help but giggle at him as it was honestly amusing to see such a big, scary looking guy act so adorable.

Demitri re-entered the room with a grave look making me ask "What happened?" He looked at me and said "The kings are coming to Forks."