Chapter 28

'We're married! How crazy!' Bri said smiling.

They'd just got home from their reception and felt elated.

'I love you, Mrs Stark.' Tony whispered kissing her neck.

'I love you too, Mr Stark.' She said smiling.

He began undoing his tie and unbuttoning his shirt when Bri stopped him.

'I'd love to and all but we've already got one on the way.' She said smiling.

He sighed before he kissed her forehead.

'I know.'

She smiled at him and unzipped her dress before crawling into bed.

'Now, we can be a proper family.' Tony said crawling in next to her.

She leaned her head on his chest and smiled as he played with her hair. Her life was finally getting itself together and it couldn't be any better.

*

'Fury says they need me, are you sure you'll be fine?' Tony asked as his nine month pregnant wife sat in front of him.

'They need you, of course I'll be fine.' She said kissing him softy.

He picked up his bag and swung it over his shoulder before hugging her one last time and giving her stomach a kiss for good measures. Fury had said that all the Avengers were needed for this mission so Tony had no choice. Tegan would be coming by to spend the week with Bri while Steve was gone as well.

'I'm surprised you wanted it to be a surprise.' Tegan said as she and Bri discussed baby names.

Bri smiled before Tegan's phone began ringing.

'It's Steve.' She said happily.

She picked it up and began talking until Bri felt it happen, her water broke.

'T-Tegan.' She said with wide eyes.

'Yeah?' Tegan asked turning around.

'M-My water broke.' She said trying to get up.

'Steve! Tell Tony that Bri is going into labor right now!' Tegan said before hanging up the phone and running towards Bri.

She managed to help Bri off the couch before leading her to the elevator. Tegan was stressing about her overnight bags as Bri stood heavy breathing.

'Hurry up!' Bri said scrunching her face up in pain.

Tegan gave up on the bag and jumped into the elevator.

*

'Stark!' Steve yelled running towards the other end of the S.H.I.E.L.D ship. He pushed past people until he finally reached the lab.

'What is it Rogers?' Tony asked seeing how out of breathe he looked.

'B-Bri, she's having the baby.' He said holding the stitch in his side.

Tony dropped whatever it was he was working on and ran past Steve.

'Where are you going?' Bruce called after him.

'To be with my wife!' He called back before jumping into his suit.

He needed the fastest way possible to get back to New York and he knew the suit was the way to go. Soaring through the cloud he finally caught site of where he needed to go. He landed and ran as fast as he could into the hospital.

'Tony Stark.' He said to the woman behind the desk.

She gave him a questioning look until he elaborated.

'My wife, she's giving birth.' He said urgently.

The lady nodded and give him the appropriate directions. He pushed past people as if he had tunnel vision. Finally reaching the room he saw Tegan waiting outside.

'Is she still giving birth?' He asked out of breathe.

'Yeah, the doctor said you needed to wear this to go in.' She said handing him some doctors gloves, a mask and a gown.

'What for?' He asked looking down.

'You wanted the best care and that's the safest way to keep it germ free.' Tegan said.

Tony pulled it on hastily and walked into the room.

'Tony!' Bri yelled mid push.

He walked over and took her hand that she squeezed tightly within seconds. Her nails dug into his skin but he didn't mind, his baby was being born.

'One more should do it!' The doctor yelled.

Within seconds the sound of crying broke through the room and Bri let out a deep sigh.

'Mr and Mrs Stark, you are the parents of a baby boy.' The doctor said smiling.

Tony let out a nervous laugh and looked down at Bri who was a sweaty mess but still looked as beautiful to him. He was officially a dad.