Chapter 57

February 2018

Natalia hung up after her last comment.

Driving to her old friend's house, Spencer didn't think she had ever felt so many emotions at once. The most prominent? Anger. After everything that had gone down since Christmas, the blonde wasn't even surprised. She was more pissed that Natalia would risk ruining Luke's life like that. Ruining his reputation and the bands.

Natalia's comment about Calum hadn't even registered in her mind until she realized she was calling Calum. Speeding down the roads, trying to avoid any traffic, Spencer thought Calum answered too fast, as if he were about to try calling her again.

"Spencer, we're going to figure this out." He instantly said as the line clicked.

"No, I'm going to her house right now and I'm putting an end to all this shit." The blonde huffed, shaking her head to herself. "I'm not letting her continue this."

Calum looked at the rest of his friends, all at Luke's house because he hadn't been answering any calls or texts either. "We'll be there as soon as we can."

"I can do this on my own, Calum."

"But you don't have to." He grabbed his keys, raising his eyebrows at the other five sitting around, all of them except Luke quickly standing. "Don't do anything until we get there, Spencer. I mean it."

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes." She mumbled, staring ahead at the road. "I can't promise anything."

"Please."

"Are you sleeping with her?" Spencer whispered, her eyes brimming with tears again. "Are you back together with her?"

He didn't answer right away, all of the blonde's hopes vanishing that he hadn't been sucked back in. "Spence–"

"Cal, why?" More tears started falling. "We could have figured this out."

"It's more complicated than that." He sighed, glancing at the rest of their friends as they made their way to the cars. "I'll explain, I promise. I need to get Luke up and going though, we'll be there as soon as we can."

He hung up before Spencer could even ask to talk to her ex-boyfriend. She felt so lost.

-

Her car was barely in park by the time she was getting out and storming up to the front of the house. Pounding on the door, she tried opening it herself more than once, only to find it was locked. "Natalia! Open the fucking door!"

It was several minutes before she heard the deadbolt turn from the other side, and Devin opened the door, looking as if he had just woken up from a nap. The girl's excessive pounding on the door, along with the music his girlfriend was playing in the bathroom had made it impossible to get some sleep.

"Devin." She mumbled through a clenched jaw, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh hey, Spencer." He studied her face for a moment, opening his mouth to comment on the fact that she looked like she had been crying, but the blonde beat him to it.

"Is she here?"

"She's in the shower." He ran his hand through his hair. "What's going on?"

"Fuck off, you know exactly what she did." Spencer pushed past him, looking around for a moment.

"Wait, I thought things were okay between you guys?" he shook his head. "Nat said that the two of you were on good terms."

"Does posting a video of Luke and I having sex sound like everything is okay?" The blonde quickly turned and faced him. "Does that sound like something someone would do if we were on good terms?"