Wattpad Original
There are 61 more free parts

21

Sweet

We arrived at the small village. I was amazed how beautiful the place was - so clean with plants and flowers everywhere and palm trees at the sides of the narrow roads. A market was located at the entrance of the village.

According to Sebastian, mornings are not as crowded compared to in the afternoon when tourists would come for massages, have their hair fixed braided to fit the island vibes, get tattoos, buy souvenirs and food, etc.

We drove to the neighborhood, where houses were all in a single story, aligned in multiple colors.

Three young boys ran after us. They were very excited to see Sebastian.

"Sebastian is here!" one boy shouted, and everyone who heard turned to us. They greeted us and exchanged pleasantries with Sebastian.

"You're very popular here," I teased Sebastian when we parked the ATVs under a palm tree.

His face flushed, it could be because of the heat of the sun. I could not see his eyes from his dark glasses, but I knew he was happy. His expression was full of life and vitality.

"I used to spend a lot of time here before. But when I got so busy with the business, I just come here once or twice a month."

"Can't blame you. This place is like paradise. It's like traveling to a tropical country."

"It is," in one fluid movement, he got down from his ATV, "come, I'll show you around," he stood beside me and offered his hand to help me down.

I took his hand and instantly, my skin tingled as soon as our palms made in contact. A potent current ran through my very core and woke up my sleeping nerves. I inhaled deeply, surprised at my sexual response.

He did not let go of my hand immediately when I settled on the ground. Our eyes locked, and a trembling thrill raced through me. He looked at me with something deeper than just a masculine interest.

I didn't know if I was only imagining it, but I felt like his head leaned closer, like he was about to kiss me. But one of the three young boys interrupted us.

"Cotton has five puppies! You should come and see it, Sebastian, they're really cute. She has three girls and two boys, and they're all white."

Sebastian smiled, "of course, we'll see them, Justin, after I show Sweet around the village."

"Is she your girlfriend?" Justin asked.

Sebastian chuckled, "no. She's my date."

"What's a... date?" one of the three boys asked.

"It means, two people hanging out. You'll understand it better when you're older, Walter," he patted the boy's head, then turned to me.

"Sweet, these are Justin, Walter and Danny," he introduced us and the three boys wouldn't stop telling me about anything - their dogs, kite, bicycle, classmate, and others while we all walked towards their neighborhood. And all the time, I was too conscious of Sebastian's eyes on me.

A couple came and greeted us. Sebastian introduced me to them. After the introductions and pleasantries, they talked about their apples, pears, peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots and cherries farms.

"Yesterday, we harvested the peaches. They're very sweet and juicy," the woman named Sue said earnestly and invited us, "you can try them later after you roam around the village."

"Sure, we will," I smiled at her. Sue and her husband Eric were very warm and friendly.

"We shared the peaches with everyone in the village and gave the rest to the hotel," Eric said, and Sebastian agreed and told him to keep it up.