There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (4)

Well, flying sucks.

I really wished that I was home, sleeping in my bed. But no, I was on a stupid plane, next to my worst enemy that was even annoying when he was silent. And I hated that about him as well. No matter what he did, he would always be able to annoy me. I was sure of that.

Lexi wouldn't even talk to me, and it was obvious that she was trying to prove a point. She wanted Jesse and me to bicker, because she always found it amusing. Was I the only one that saw all the bickering bothersome? Jesse seemed to always get a kick out of it whenever he was making fun of me.

He must have gotten annoyed by me sometimes, right? He had to! He always annoyed me with his comments and pranks, but he must have been annoyed with me, too! I sure hoped he was, because that was what I was aiming for. I wanted Jesse to be annoyed with me, because he always was able to annoy the crap out of me. And I hated that about him.

I wish I could go to sleep whenever I wanted to. I wish I could have just closed my eyes and slept for the entire flight, but I knew that that wasn't going to happen. I had slept for about an hour, but now I was wide awake for the rest of the seven hours we were supposed to be on the plane.

Flying from California to Maine was such a pain. Why did we have to be sent to some stupid camp?

I hate it when Jesse was right.

I hated it so much.

I really thought that I wasn't going to care that he wasn't going to talk to me. But I did care. I cared a lot. I hated being bored, and that was exactly what I was right then. No cell phones or computers allowed, not even an iPod. I was about to go insane.

Jesse looked perfectly fine, as if not talking to me didn't even bother him. He did have a smug little smile when he noticed how crazy I was getting, but I tried to ignore it and focus on something else. But it was entirely too hard to ignore Jesse, even when he was being quiet and saying nothing at all.

"Well, now I'm bored," Lexi said flatly from behind me, kicking my chair lightly. Yeah, now she talked to me, of course. "I thought you'd burst after five seconds."

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to stay calm. "I've been asleep for the past hour."

"Well, we have another six hours to go. What are you planning on doing?"

Why did she have to ask me that? I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Why did Jesse have to be such a jerk? Why couldn't he just talk to me?

I bounced my knees up and down, waiting and waiting for him to turn and finally talk to me. It had been only an hour since we had gotten onto the plane, and I had slept for that hour But now that I was wide awake, and I couldn't go back to sleep, I was completely bored out of my mind. Couldn't he just talk to me? Even if he was saying something annoying, that was perfectly fine! I hated being bored!

"Alright, that's it!" I snapped, earning some stares from the people sitting around us, but I didn't really care about them. "Talk to me, Jesse! I'm bored out of my mind, and I want you to talk to me. So talk!"

Jesse didn't even turn toward me.

"Jesse!" I cried, now yanking on his arm as I continued to try and get him to look at me. "Will you just talk to me? Please? I'm bored, and I want you to talk to me! Please?"

He didn't even budge.

"Please, Jesse?" I whined, leaning over and placing my head on his shoulder, my arms wrapped around his. This would get his attention for sure! He couldn't ignore me now when I was so close to him!