Chapter Twenty Two

Picture of Dylan O'Brien as Sam to the side.

-Unedited

A/N : This chapter has a different format, please tell me what you think of it. I don't think I'll ever write a chapter in this format again but I wanted to try something different and I kind of like it.

Also, there's a lot of information about Carter and Aleks somewhere towards the middle/end in this chapter. Read carefully so you can understand it.

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

"Do you want to talk about it?"Tyler asks me in a soft voice, trying to be as gentle as possible with me.

"You ran away, Carter."He says quietly. "I was worried out of my mind, I thought you weren't coming back!"

"Tyler, I-"I take a deep breath. "I'll always come back. Yes, I'm mad at you but no where near enough to leave you. Just let me shower and change, I feel gross after... you know..."

"Twenty minutes."He tells me gently. That's one thing Ty has tried really hard to do, he doesn't want to sound too demanding around me. He takes a few steps closer to me, but I turn around and grab a pair of pajama pants and one of my older brothers old t-shirts.

A pit forms in my stomach when I turn back around to see that he's already gone. I don't like being mad at him, it's horrible. It's almost like I can feel how hurt he is.

"Always messing up."I mutter quietly to myself as I step into my bathroom and turn on the shower.

I look in the mirror and see an all too familiar broken person that looks like she had just been through war. There's blood all over my hands and wrists, my clothes, and even a little bit on my face and in my hair. My leggings and shoes are covered in mud. I look like a complete and utter mess.

After about fifteen minutes of doing my absolute best of scrubbing almost every inch of my skin raw, I'm about to turn off the water when all of a sudden, it all rushes over me. That pit in my stomach has grown, giving me an intense sick feeling. I scramble out of the shower, wrap a towel around me, and empty the contents of my stomach in the toilet.

I've purged before, quite a few times. I guess I've gotten used to the feeling a bit, but throwing up is one of the worst experiences ever. After rinsing my mouth with water, brushing my teeth five times, and using a ton of mouth wash, I finally dry off and begin to get ready for bed.

"Carter?"Tyler knocks on my bathroom door softly. "Are you almost ready?"

"Yeah, just let me brush my teeth."I tell him. He's a werewolf, he's going to be able to tell I just threw up anyway but it's worth a shot at attempting to cover it up.

"I made you some tea because I know you just got sick, it'll help with your stomach."He says softly. "Please come out here, sweetheart."

I slowly open the door, silently appreciating the fact that he still knocked and waited for me to open the door, even though it was unlocked.

"Thank you."I say quietly as I take the mug into my hands and take a few sips.

"We should talk about it before we go to bed."He tells me. He moves his hand as if he was going to cup my cheek, but I tense, so he runs that hand through his hair.

"I'm tired."I say.

"No, you just need an excuse to get out of it."Tyler crosses his arms over his chest. "We need to talk."

"I panicked."I tell him. "I wanted space, alone time. I needed to get out of here for a few hours so that I could clear my head."

"I could've left the place for a while, gone down to my office for a couple of hours-"Tyler says. "You didn't need to leave the pack house-"