Chapter Twenty Four

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

I stare blankly at Tyler for a few moments, not exactly sure how to react. How in the hell is this going to work? Is it even possible?

"Carter, baby?"Tyler tucks lose hairs from my bun behind my ear and brushes his fingers down my jawline before cupping my face.

"How am I going to talk to him?"I ask. "What if I say something that makes him angry or do something that causes the dry humping again?"

He chuckles at my awkwardness before answering. "He's worried about you, all he wants to do is talk."

"What do I do if something happens?"

"Do what you did earlier."He replies. "Just ask for me, gain my attention. I will be more in control of things than Benjamin will."

"Promise?"I look up and him.

"I promise, princess."Tyler kisses my nose. "Ready?"

"Yeah."I take a deep breath and move away from him, sitting down on the bed next to us.

He sits across from me and closes his eyes. When he opens them, they're no longer green, but that dark black color that usually means something bad is going to happen.

"Little one..."Benjamin reaches forward and takes my chin in between his thumb and pointer finger. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me into his chest. I expect him to do something more saucy, but he just plays with my hair and holds me close to him. I open my mouth to say something but he interrupts. "Shhh, just let me hold you."

I take a deep breath, trying to relax myself. He cups my face with his hands, running his thumbs over my cheek bones. He then moves one hand up to take my hair out of a bun so it falls over my shoulders, he entangles his fingers in my hair. I close my eyes and finally calm myself, melting into his touch.

"I'm so sorry."Benjamin says softly. "I just want to protect you, make sure no one ever touches you. I never meant to scare you."

"I'm not going to say that it's okay."I reply quietly. "Because marking me without telling me what's going on, nearly killing my old best friend in front of me, and almost... taking me without my consent is not okay. It never will be."

"I know that. I understand, I'm so sorry, baby love."He leans forward and kisses my forehead. "Just look at you. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, you're smarter than you give yourself credit for, and your personality is so adorable, so cute that every time I see you do something it makes me want to hold you and shower you with kisses."

Butterflies erupt in my stomach at his words. A small smile and a blush appear on my face.

"God, and that smile..."Benjamin continues, causing me to smile more and flutter my eyes closed and just relax into him. "I don't want to lose you. That's all, I'm just scared of losing you. You deserve the world and I want to be the one to give it to you."

"I forgive you, Benjamin."I open my eyes and speak more calmly, more like myself when I'm around Ty. "I'm not going to suddenly leave you and Tyler. You're the reason I'm in front of you. But, you have to stop getting so jealous whenever I talk to a guy-"

"I don't get jealous. Jealous means to desire something that doesn't belong to you. No, I don't get jealous."He shakes his head. "I get... I get territorial, I'm protective of the things closest to me. And I will always keep you closer than anyone."

"Ben, you don't need to get territorial. I'm staying here with you and I'm not going anywhere."I place my hands on his chest, just to make sure that he's calm. "You're the only man I will ever be with, always."