interview

interview: Rudy helps Y/n through her first interview with the cast, leading to a very interesting question at the end.
__________

We all sat in chairs next to one another, Madelyn, Madison, Carlacia, and I in the front then Jonathan, Chase, and Rudy sitting behind us. They were sitting up a bit with their chairs on a ledge so the camera could see them.

"So first let's start with introducing everyone!" The interviewer, Melanie, cheered. The guys started then it came down to Madison, I was the last to speak, sitting right in front of Rudy.

"I'm Y/n L/n and I play Avery Carrera on Outer Banks!" I let out a little breath of relief when I didn't stumble my words. I had horrible anxiety and with this being my first interview since I joined the show, it was terrifying.

"Madison, let's start with you. How do you think Kiara having a surprise sister is going to change her?" Melanie asked. Madison crossed one leg over the other with her hands in her lap while she thought about it for a moment.

"I think she's finally going to realize that she doesn't have to go through everything alone. Throughout season three when Avery arrived we see Kiara push her away, then by the end of the season the two are almost dependent on each other." Once Madison was done explaining we leaned over Madelyn and Carlacia and did our little handshake we made. Our characters do it a lot in the show and we've slowly caught ourselves doing it everywhere else.

"Next question is for Rudy," I felt Rudy shift in his seat behind me, "Is it weird dating Y/n in real life but Madison on the show? How awkward was the cabin 6 kiss scene when you knew your girlfriend was watching?" I chuckled to myself at the question, we've been asked that a million times. By now you'd think people would piece together that Madison has a girlfriend, so she's clearly not into Rudy outside of work. Kiara on the other hand was in love with JJ.

"We all keep it professional when it comes to filming, during that scene Y/n was actually one of the girls on the bunk beds cheering but we made sure you couldn't see her." Rudy explained.

"I think she was the loudest one." Madelyn snickered and I nodded my head.

"I'm team Jiara, what can I say?" I held my arms up and did a little shrug while everyone calmed down from laughing.

"Y/n, you're new this season, what's it like jumping in after the cast has already established a connection?" I wasn't mentally prepared for the questions directed at me and started picking at the skin around my fingers.

"I, uh, well—" I stuttered. I felt my breathing hitch in the back of my throat, then I felt a hand gently on the back of my neck, massaging it. I knew it was Rudy, he knows I get nervous in social settings. I could feel myself relaxing a bit, "We've been close since the start, I was part of the film crew before I took the role of Avery."

"That's awesome!" Melanie smiled. I lifted my hand to my shoulder and overtop of Rudy's as a quick way of saying 'thank you', "Let's talk about stunts. Who here does most of their stunts themselves?"

Rudy leaned down in his chair and whispered in my ear, "Do you wanna trade spots with JD? He said he'll switch with you." I slowly nodded my head yes, doing my best not to interrupt the interview. When Jonathan stood up he came around and I took his spot while he took mine.

"Everything okay?" Melanie asked. The group knew I had anxiety so none of them looked surprised I had switched for a spot next to Rudy.

"Y/n has really bad anxiety when it comes to interviews and big events." Chase explained from my right.

"That's why her and Rudy are practically inseparable." Carlacia added and I felt my cheeks getting warm. With Rudy's hand now holding mine I felt better, more confident, he was my rock and I was his.

"It's all good now, back to the interview." I chimed, trying to get this ball rolling. It's not that I didn't love being here, the experience was amazing, I just couldn't stop bouncing my leg from the nerves.

"Before we get back to the question, I just wanna say I absolutely adore you two." Melanie pointed to Rudy and I and we both responded with a quick 'thank you'.

"Out of all of us I'd say Y/n or Chase do most of their own stunts, they're both stubborn sometimes when it comes to that." JD answered. All of us nodded in agreement.

"And what would you say is the most dangerous stunt you two have done?" Melanie asked Chase and I. We both sat and thought about it for a second, trying our best to think.

"There was this one scene," Rudy began, "Y/n wanted to do her own dirt bike stunt and power glided a little too far, we ended up incorporating it into the show." I was thankful he was answering the questions for me, my brain wasn't working at the moment from fear of stuttering.

"She had road rash pretty bad, there was no way to cover that up. We were all surprised she wasn't freaking out." Madison added.

"Rudy was having a full-blown heart attack." JD turned around and teased Rudy.

"Pardon me for being worried about my girlfriend," Rudy chuckled and lightly smacked JD in the arm, "I told her, like, ten times to just let the stunt double do it since she had trained for that exact scene."

"She's stubborn." Madelyn joked.

"Alright, alright, enough picking on Y/n." I laughed while calming my friends down, "Chase, explain your most dangerous stunt."

"Honestly, I'd say my fight with Ward on the boat. I almost missed the jet-ski so that would've been quite the fall." We all reminisced about watching Chase film that scene and agreed.

The interview went on with many more questions. Rudy didn't let go of my hand the entire time and whenever a question was directed towards me he would rub his thumb over my hand and sometimes help me answer them.

"One final thing before we go," Melanie smiled and sat down her clip board, "The fans have been asking repeatedly, is there any way we can get a Y/n and Rudy kiss?"

As if I don't see the millions of comments on Instagram asking for more pda pictures from us. Although some would say it's weird, the fans adored us so I understood where they were coming from.

"Yesss!!" Carlacia held her hands in the air and snapped while doing a little dance.

"Kiss! Kiss!" Chase chanted JD chanted.

"Love birds gotta show some love!" Madison leaned over and wiggled my leg with her hand on my knee.

"C'mon love birds!" Madelyn smiled. I knew none of them were doing this to make me feel worse or more anxious, but it was.

"We don't have to." Rudy said quietly as he leaned closer to me so only I'd hear him, "I can just kiss you on the cheek or something if that's okay."

"No, no, it's okay." I whispered back, "Let's give the fans something to freak out about."

"Be ready to see edits of this all over tik tok." He snickered before leaning in and placing a sweet kiss onto my lips. Our friends, as well as Melanie, yelled in excitement. We pulled away and everyone began clapping as if we had won some type of award.

Best interview ever.