CHAPTER 93

Ryan's POV

She is gulping down the whole content of the wine and looking away to make me think she wasn't staring at me peeling off the baggy shirt and trouser she gave to me on behalf of her dad.

All of a sudden, I feel like taunting her a little about it. This is definitely not the first time she is seeing me naked, so why is she uncomfortable with it?

Well, maybe it's because it's the second time. We have had sex only once and that was the first time she saw my nudity and also the first time I saw the beauty beneath her clothes.

I know this is definitely not the right time for this but I can't help it. Coming here was the right decision and I feel more than relieved to have gotten help from Mr. Lewis.

"Hey", she shoots to her feet abruptly as I approach her and she begins to walk to the door, hiding her face from looking down at my naked body.

Laugh erupts from my stomach, not at her action but at the fact that the door is locked and the keys are with me.

There is no escape route.

She turns the doorknob and it won't budge. Instinctively, she spurns round to face me forgetting about the main reason why she was trying to escape the room. Quickly, she facepalms herself and screams. "Get some clothes on, man!"

I laugh again and approach stealthily like a thief in the dead of the night. 

She stretches her left hand towards me to stop me from coming closer but I am bent on taunting her till she finally looks at me without feeling embarrassed.

I am her husband, aren't I?

"Ryan, don't come closer, you jerk! Get some clothes on, will you?"

A good way to get her to tell me please, I beam.

"Tell me please and I will cover up", I say to her with a wide grin on my face. Her discomfort because of my nudity is amusing. I never thought any woman would act like this, especially not my own wife.

She remains silent and I am about to take another step towards her when she blurts out quickly. "Please, Ryan. Be decent."

"Don't use such a tone. Use a calm sweet voice on me and I will cover up within a minute", I add, feeling like someone who just won a jackpot.

Having Valerie tell me please is like winning a jackpot. 

"Please, Ryan."

Finally! I surrender and turn back to go get a towel around my waist when an idea struck me. I remain still and quiet for five seconds before turning back to her.

"You can open your eyes, I'm covered now", I lie perfectly well because she does not doubt me as she drops her two hands with a sigh of relief.

Her gaze falls on me and her eyes go wide before she let out a shout and turn her back on me. "I'm going to kill you, idiot. You liar."

I laugh to my fill before going to grab a towel from the closet. The room we were given is quite comfortable and big. The bed is massive too and I'm glad we are going to have to spend the night together here. We were given a room because they know we are couples and it will sound ridiculous of Valerie to ask for a separate room for herself.

I know how worried she was about her Dad. Sometimes, I envy her for having such a good man as a Father. The way she cares for him and worries about me makes me wonder if she loves her Mother as much as she loves her Father.

She wasn't herself until I called her Mother and we were told that the surgery was successful.

Valerie was relieved. I could sense it from her expression and her tone and it also made me relieved.