30: Scarlett

I sat in my bedroom, drawing that afternoon. I couldn't draw like my mother or Austin could, but I wasn't too bad at it. It was so unfair Austin got all of my mother's skills. He could draw very well, and draw new runes, and he could draw portals. Whereas I got nothing.

Right now, I was drawing eyes. Not just any eyes, gold ones. James' eyes. I thought that they were amazing. Even though Austin and my father had gold eyes too, James' seemed to have different sort of gold to them. I wondered if had told Cordelia that he liked her yet.

Just then there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called out, and the door opened.

My mother walled in. She was wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans. She had a baby bump, and she had a small smile on her face.

"Hey mom." I said to her.

"Hello sweetie." She said while coming and sitting on the edge of my bed. "What are you drawing?"

I blushed, and hesitantly handed my sketchbook over to my mother. She smirked at my drawing.

"You really do like him, don't you?" My mother asked while chuckling.

"I don't like him that much." I lied. "Besides, he likes Cordelia."

My mother just laughed. I looked exactly like my mother. We had same fiery red hair, and bright green eyes. My mother said that her brother had the same bright green eyes, but she only got to see them once. She also said that Logan looked a bit like him.

I knew about my mother's brother. Sometimes I hear and my mother and father talking about him. I know that they haven't told Logan, Austin, and I everything about him. I do know though, that something big happened between him and my dad but I don't know what it was.

"Do you know if the baby is a boy or a girl yet?" I asked my mother.

"Not yet. Your father and I have decided that we are going to keep it a surprise." She said happily.

"Have you guys thought of any names?" I asked.

"Not yet. There's just been no time lately." My mom chuckled, and so did I.

"You know Scarlett, I think soon after we leave Idris, we are going to go back home." She said slowly.

My heart sank. I had totally forgotten about going back home. I wanted to stay here and live here, but I knew that I couldn't do that. Before I could respond, we both heard a knock on our front door. We both walked downstairs, and my mother opened the door.

There stood James. He looked very distressed, and he was running his hands through his hair worriedly. As soon as he saw me, he straightened up.

"Scarlett, can I talk to you?" He said at once.

"Of course." I said immediately.

My mother then look at me with a smirk. Ugh, why did I have to make it so obvious that I liked him? I walked out the door with James. We started to walk to where we had sat the other day. We reached the bench and I sat down. James stood, pacing back and forth.

"Um, are you okay?" I asked confusedly.

"No, I am not okay." James said, while still pacing.

"Why?" I asked him.

He stopped pacing and looked at me. There was only one word that could describe the expression he was giving me: pain.

"I was going to tell Cordelia that I loved her today. When I found her, she was kissing your brother." He grumbled.

I was shocked. Logan was kissing Cordelia? I did know that Logan liked her quite a bit, but I didn't think that Cordelia would like him back. I felt a sudden rush of sympathy for James.

"Oh, I'm so sorry James." I sadly said.

He then threw himself down beside me, putting his head in his hands.

"Why is my heart always broken Scarlett? First Grace, now Cordelia." James said painfully.

I wanted to comfort him, but I didn't know how. I don't think that anything I could say would help him. I don't think anything that anyone could say could help him.

"You know, my mother told me that after we all leave Idris and back to the Institute, that we will all be going back to the future." I said to him.

His head snapped up to look at me.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes. So when we leave, Logan won't be able to see Cordelia anymore." I said.

But James seemed to have forgotten that.

"I won't be able to see you, though." He said.

My heart skipped a beat. "Yes you won't be able to see me again. "

James was suddenly very close to me, and I could feel the heat coming off from him. He was leaning in, and so was I. This can't be happening I thought, as his lips touched mine. Then we were kissing, and I couldn't describe the feeling. It was so amazing, and I totally forgot about Blake.

All of the sudden James sprang away from me. He leaped up, and shoved his hands in his hair.

"By the angel, that wasn't supposed to happen." He said hurriedly.

"I'm so sorry Scarlett, I-" James started.

"It's fine James." I said while chuckling.

"I just don't want you to get the wrong message. I mean, I like you but-" He started again.

"I get it, you like Cordelia." I said with a smile. "Don't worry, I still have feelings for Blake too."

James sighed a sigh of relief, and sat down next to me.

"I am going to miss you though, Red." He said while giving me a smile.

"I'll miss you too, Gold." I said with a sad smile.

We both sat there talking got another half an hour. How am I going to say goodbye to James? I thought to myself sadly.