Chapter 6 - Skateboards Again?

Ever since my warning from Emily, I've stayed cautious around Kian. I've turned down a few offers to come hang out with him because it would have been just me and him, and I didn't want to risk it.

Today he invited me to come skateboard with him and Sam, even though I had absolutely no idea on how to do that. I was hesitant at first, but then I decided, why not?

I walk up to Sam's house, knocking on the door.

"Hey, Madison!" Sam greets me when he open the door.

"Hey, Sam." I smile brightly and spot Kian standing behind him in Sam's living room.

"You ready to go?" Kian asks, walking up to the door.

I nod, still smiling.

He grabs a skateboard from behind the door and so does Sam before they both come out, closing the door behind them.

"Okay, now just push with your other foot," Kian instructs me, letting go of my arm and taking a step away from me.

I use my right foot to push myself forward. I push off again, speeding up on the skateboard.

After I've nearly got to the end of the sidewalk, I've realized something. I don't know how to stop.

"Kian! How do I stop?" I yell back at him.

"Just put your foot down!" I barely hear him reply.

I follow his orders, putting my right foot down, trying to stop the skateboard.

Instead of stopping, I end up flying forward.

Luckily I catch myself with my hands in front of me.

"Holy shit!" I hear one of them curse.

Within seconds, they're both at my side. I'm sitting on my butt now, wiping off my hands and knees.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks, looking at my hands and knees.

"Yeah," I say in a pained voice. "Someone help me up."

Kian stands up and hold his hands out for me. I take them and he pulls me up, putting a hand on my waist once I'm standing.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sam asks, standing next to me.

I nod, stepping away from Kian.

I pick up the skateboard I was on, placing it in front of me and trying again.

After hours of practice and falling off of the skateboard multiple times, I got to where I was able to stay on for a while. I could also turn and stop effectively without face planting into the ground.

After a while we all got tired to we decided just to go back to Sam's house.

Sam throws me a bottle of water from his fridge, grabbing two more for him and Kian. I open it and begin to chug it, not previously realizing how thirsty I was.

I walk into Sam's living room, sitting down in the middle of the couch, Sam and Kian plopping down on either side of me.

Kian "non-chalantly" puts his arm around my shoulders and drinks some of his water.

"There is nothing on!" Sam groans, the remote for the TV in his hands.

"Wait, was that criminal minds?" I ask excitedly, snatching the buttons from his hands.

Suddenly, my phone starts buzzing wildly in my pocket.

I pull it out, Sam and Kian watching me. On the screen reads: Ryder

I quickly hit the lock button which stops the vibrating, shoving it quickly back in my pocket.

"Who's Ryder?" Kian asks, poking my side.

"Just someone from Tennessee." I shrug.

"Then why was there a heart next to his name?" Sam pries, scooting closer to me and getting in my face.

"Why are you assuming us a guy? Ryder could be a girls name!" I say defensively.

"Ah, so it is a guy," Kian teases.

"Yeah it is. He's my bestfriend," I admit, feeling a bit uncomfortable due to Sam and Kian's close proximity.

They both continue to tease me but I ignore them.

My phone starts buzzing again and I pull my phone out to find that Emily is calling me.

I roll my eyes before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Maddie! What are you doing tonight?" She asks in an overly-peppy voice.

"Um, I'm not sure," I say before Kian rips the phone out of my hand.

"She's hangin' with me and Sam tonight, duh!" He practically yells into the phone.

He listens to her for a while before handing the phone back to me.

"Maddie, just remember what I told you the other night, okay?" She says in a chirpy voice, yet a warning tone lying beneath.

I roll my eyes and hang up, feeling cautious yet smiling so that Sam and Kian won't notice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N):

Thank you guys SOO much for all the votes! I really appreciate it!

I'm sorry that I didn't update Friday like I promised! I COMPLETELY forgot.

Sorry:/

So, comment what you thought and give me some suggestions on what you want to happen! I have a basic idea for the plot but I don't have minor details so I want you guys to help me with it!

So... Yeah.

Vote, Comment and Fan!!

xox -Delilah