Zoro x Reader. Fears.

-AN-
Modern AU, guys.

Song- Amnesia~ 5SOS.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The moss-haired male followed his girlfriend silently around the house. He didn't know what to say as she wordlessly began collecting her clothes and valuables.

Last night the couple had engaged in, by far, their worst argument yet. Yes, they always argued about the same thing, but this debate was far more intense.

For once, Zoro had felt the true impact of her words. They had held a very painful truth behind them, but the one sentence that had hit him the hardest, was;

"I can't do this anymore, I'm leaving."

Those poiseness words replayed in his mind, making tears bulb in his emerald eyes.

It was his fault.

It was all his fault.

Maybe, if instead of going out and drinking with his friends 24/7, this could have been avoided. Maybe, if he actually did something besides lounge around the house all day, while she made money to keep them afloat, they'd still be ok.

But no.

Once she had packed her things, she turned to the male with puffy eyes and blotched cheeks. Mascara was running down her face like some river of sorrow; the dark colour perfectly reflecting their emotions at the time.

"(Name)-"

"Tell me, Zoro... What are you afraid of?"

She whispered. The male was shocked. He didn't expect such a question. His lips parted to reply, however, no sound came out. Was he afraid of anything?

"Are you afraid of anything, Zoro?"

A slight desperation was hidden in her words, but Zoro could sense it. He dug deep, desperately wracking his brain for an answer. But before he found one, (Name) had scoffed and left the room.

Once again, he began following her wordlessly. Turns out that he was good at something. Not knowing what to say in a situation when it matters.

He didn't try and stop her as she stopped before the door, pulling her keys from her pocket. She quickly pride the key to the house from her key-chain, and handed it to the male who took is silently.

"Where will you go..?"

He whispered, his voice not capable of reaching any higher pitches.

"My brothers."

She replied coldly, wiping her mascara away with her sleave. They stood in silence for a while, when the familiar screech of wheels slowing before the house filled the room.

She opened the door, turning back to Zoro quickly.

"I wish you all the happiness in the world. And I hope you find someone who can tolerate your ways better than I."

Swallowing, Zoro nodded, gaze trained on the floor as she turned away again.

"Oh, and Zoro?'

His head darted up. She looked over her shoulder slightly, fresh tears and streaks of black staining her cheeks.

"My worst fear was the day I'd have to walk out on you."

The (h/c) whispered, that sentence triggered Zoro's tears as he watched his love leave the house. The door closed, and the sound of a car driving away met his ears.

Moving to the couch, he buried his face in his hands and sobbed. Not once while he was drinking, or lounging around, did it occur to him that he was hurting her.

Turns out he was. And much like a fatal disease, he didn't notice until it was too late. Taking in a deep, shaky breath as he locked his gaze onto the wall. Her question still resounding within his head.

"Tell me, Zoro.... What are you afraid of?"

It made no difference now, but he knew. He knew what he was scared of.

He too, feared the day she would walk out on him.