Chapter 17: Luna Ceremony?

2 Week Later
Erica

"I'm guessing you're staying." His voice boomed from behind me. I turned around quickly to face him. His face was almost glowing since he was smiling. I loved that I made him smile.

"Are you finished with your 'little problem' yet? "

Alerick's face physically fell and he bowed his head. I cupped his check and rubbed my thumb on his face.

"No but I sent out my best warriors to survey all packs that have been attacked or might be a next target."

"Wait warriors? As in for a war?" I dropped my hand from his face. "Maybe this problem is not so little. What does these rogues want exactly?" I asked worried.

"I believe power."

My anger rose through the roof at that moment. They tried to attack my pack and others for power? I wanted all of them to pay at that moment. Every single freaking rogue that believed that leaving your pack to be disastrous to the Kingdom was better.

I took a deep breath before sighing. Ever since I have been helping out at the day care with the kids, I have fell in love with not only them but every pack that belongs to Alerick's kingdom. I have met every one of the kid's parents and still see Miss. Terra once in a while. She stills grimace when she sees me but her daughter loves me.

After a week, I also have become more aggressive. I think once when I looked into the mirror, my eyes were blood red...

"What's wrong with me?" I looked at the palms of my hands like they held the answer.

"What do you mean?" Alerick asked. I turned back to him forgetting he was there. He placed his hand on my shoulder and I felt weird.

A day after the shower incident, I decided we couldn't sleep in the same bed. I could tell he didn't like the idea but he allowed me to move to another room. I got to know him more personally and became more comfortable with him but he still brought shivers and goosebumps to my body every time we touched.

"Forget it. You weren't supposed to hear that." I admitted.

"Love, I'm supposed to hear your every thoughts."

"Not this one."

"Erica." He took my hands in his and I allowed it for the first time in two weeks. "I'll never let this go. What do you think is wrong with you?" I looked into his eyes and they were genuine. I strongly believed he cared me on a deeper level.

"I have become more aggressive and...and I care about everyone and every pack in your kingdom." I felt really awkward admitting this. I bowed my head so he wouldn't see my face."I know it sounds weird but I want to rip those rogues head off for even thinking of hurting another pack. You must think I'm crazy right?"

I looked up at him and he was smiling. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I asked. For the first time, I found his smile kind of creepy.

"That is our Lord's, the Moon Goddess, way of saying you're ready for the Luna ceremony. You have fallen in love with the idea of protecting the kingdom and you would risk your life to save it. It's not exactly a feeling, it's more like a mindset."

"Luna Ceremony?" I asked. I never heard of it. I'm surprised my mother didn't tell me about it.

"Where I announce you to every pack in my kingdom as my mate and their queen." He slowly pulled me against his chest and I allowed it.

"I'm ready." I said taking in all that information.

Alerick

"Does that mean you are ready to return to the comfort of my bedroom?" I asked her hopefully. I been trying every night since she left but I'm convinced that she would finally say yes. Becoming my equal would be a way to improve our relationship.

"I don't know. Should I?" She looked up at me with gleaming eyes. Goddess, I loved her eyes.

"Yes." I breathed out. "Yes Luna."

She shook her head yes. "Okay. I'm going to pack."

She smiled and slipped her hands out of mine hesitantly like she didn't want to let go.

I watched her walk away from me and smiled.

I heard a painful howl in the distance and cringed. Even with my super hearing, I was surprised to hear it. It sounded miles away.

"Alpha!" I heard inside my head. "Rochelle was kidnapped!"