Blue bonnets and Oklahoma Rosas are a thing of the past (Texahoma)

Inspired by this post: https://www.tumblr.com/staren3rgy101/710898304103448576/oh-of-course-cant-wait-to-read-it

I don't really ship these two however I thought they'd be perfect for this

"Are you guys like, dating?"

Was a question Texas always dodged when asked about his relationship with his northern neighbor, Oklahoma.

The two had started hanging out after one meeting where they decided to team up on California, after that the two had become close friends. Maybe even more.

The two started talking about the meeting and how the west coast was annoying.

Then came the 4th of July.

Florida had convinced Gov to throw a 4th of July party, normally the regions of the country would do their own stuff, a barbecue, day at the beach, or something else. Since all of the regions had come together that meant there was more than canned beers.

The two talked into the night as Nevada supplied them with drinks.

As the fireworks went off the two shared a kiss.

Sadly the two could remember it. Though it only seemed to bring them closer. It was a well known fact that you shouldn't ask the two about their relationship, though some states couldn't keep their curiosity about the affectionate ways of the two.

"So are you?"

California usually asked Texas if he and Oklahoma were dating privately, but this time the golden state figured it would be more affective, and get them an answer from one of the two southerners, if he asked in front of the sooner state.

"I'm not gay for Oklahoma."

"You like sure? Cause you to are like hella affectionate."

"I'm sure of that."

"Alright."

Then California disappeared.

"What on gods green earth Texas?"

"What Okie?"

"We've been goin out for a while now."

"We haven't though."

"Yes we have! You've kissed me before!"

"I was drunk!"

"Yeah but then you still continued to show me affection and tell me bout how much ya love me, you even fuckin kissed me while sober! Have you just been leading me on this whole time?"

"I haven't though! I'm not gay, and if you thought I was you were so pretty darn stupid cause I'd never love you! It's against the word of god!"

The oak rosa stood there, unable to speak. The two stared at each other.

"I thought you loved me Texas."

Than the state he had once known as darling, Okie Rosa, mi amor, straw berry, okie, and sooner, and who once called him Bonnie, darling, pistol, and star, couldn't help but have hot tears streaming down his face.

He felt pathetic. He felt mad. He felt sad. He needed to get away from the one he once called his lover.

"I hate you Texas."

Was all the state could get out under a sea of tears.

Then the lone star was left there. All alone.

After that the two didn't speak outside of work, didn't look at each other outside of work, and all the meetings together lead to an argument that could only compare to the ones had between California and Texas.

For a while Texas was fine. Oklahoma was a down in the dumps at first but eventually he got over it.

Texas though? Texas declined.

Texas was never a man who'd you'd see down, though behind closed doors he was a mess.

Maybe I miss him.

Though I'm not gay for him, I mean, it's not like I'm attracted to him in that way, yeah I liked being affectionate, and yeah the thought of him dating someone else hurts, and yeah I've though bout kissing him but I'm not gay right?

The lone star state would tell himself, whenever he missed his northern neighbor.

Then one day it him.

He loves Oklahoma, and Oklahoma loved him, he had who he wanted, what he wanted with who he wanted.

Oklahoma was better now, Oklahoma was out of the closet, and Oklahoma had someone he could call his.

Texas could've been him.

Now he can only slump to the late night kitchen floor and hope no one hears him cry.

Maybe he was gay, and maybe it was okay.

Though maybe how he treated sooner wasn't okay.

He should've dodged the question. Maybe then he'd still have his Oklahoman rosa. Maybe than Oklahoma wouldn't look at him with disgust.

Maybe the only reason it hit him was because of seeing how happy he was now, with his new lover.

The state was never one to cry, much less show emotions outside of anger, though it seemed like someone had turned a valve on his eyes and opened an emotional gate.

He can't help but dwell on the past.

Though blue bonnets and Oklahoma rosas are a thing of the past.