27

"Mani? Come here."Coach Cynthia muttered making me shake my head as I tried to do another backflip onto the balancing beam but I kept falling off the beam.

"Imani."She sternly repeated making me stop and sigh as I strolled towards her she held out her hand making me place my hand in hers.

She then took my thumb sleeve and rolled it up showing the prominent bruise on my wrist making me sigh heavily.

"When did this start?"she asked making me shrug my shoulders but she then glared at me making me sigh once again.

"Last night? Yesterday? I'm not sure."I muttered as I looked down at the familiar bruise and I was terrified because I thought it had healed because I had done gymnastics prior with no pain or any bruise.

"Let's stop."she muttered making me look up at her in shock.

"No, Coach. I can't have a repeat of last season. Let me go to Doctor Brown right now." I stuttered as I looked around for my duffle bag and grabbed some of my stuff before I rushed out of the gymnastics gym.

I rushed to Doctor Brown's office before I knocked a couple of times and after a few knocks she opened and gave me a smile which slowly faded once she saw my frown and let me into her office.

"What's wrong baby?"She asked as she walked towards me making me roll up my sleeve and show her the bruise.

"I don't know what happened. I just got the bruise last night. I thought my wrist was healed? Is it the same injury I had?"I asked as I slowly took my wrist out of her hand.

"I am not sure baby but injuries do come back if you over work your hand or wrist like if you throw something? Or maybe do a flip but I do not understand because you had been doing gymnastics last year but it could be a build up from there too."she explained as she gave me a sympathetic look.

"I did play dodge ball yesterday?"I asked making her slowly nod her head.

"That could be a reason but if that is I don't think it's a fracture like last time. It could be a sprained wrist this time. Sprains usually take 2 to 10 weeks to heal. Imani, I am no psychologist but maybe the shock from yesterday caused this as well, you ignoring your shock mentally can cause physical pain."She explained making me sigh heavily and shake my head.

"I am fine. Everyone keeps telling me this but I am fine okay? Yes' yesterday was a little stressful but I am fine now. I don't need people checking on my mental health constantly I do that myself, I meditate, I journal--"

"Yes' and I commend you for that but some mental health issues are beyond mediation or journaling baby. You need to speak to somebody. It does not have to be me, Diane or even JR. You can go ask a professional because this could cause other serious issues within you. You can't always be the happy girl everyone wants you to be, Imani."She explained as she took both my hands and kissed my forehead making me nod my head slowly.

"Yeah, I know. Please may you help me."I muttered as I looked down at my wrist making her nod her head.

"Yeah. I actually have a wrist brace that I just got at the pharmacy."She muttered as she walked to her cabinet and grabbed a cardboard box.

"Sit baby girl."

I nodded as I walked towards her and outstretched my arm making her open the box and strap the wrist brace.

"All good?"she asked making me nod my head before I looked down at my wrist in frustration making her place her hand under my chin to make me look up and when I did she kissed my forehead.

"I love you."She said as she placed both her hands on my cheeks and squeezed my cheeks making me giggle before I nodded.

"I love you too mom."I replied making her nod her head before she gestured towards the door.