Chapter 28 - Gods & Monsters

Nathaniel's POV

The journey to Heiken Prison was smooth, the torturing of the werewolves had already commenced when I reached. It was always hard to get information out of them, they were as loyal as their dogs. But the curse of the werewolves are that they are only half beast, the only half - still human. And come to a certain point, anything human will break. On the brink of death, secrets flow.

I looked down at the werewolf sprawled out in front of me, kept in human form from the silver laced injections. He was lying in a pool of his own blood, his body was not healing fast enough to keep up with the new injuries he sustained and the blood loss.

Our eyes met, and if looks could kill, I would be in hell by now. I let out a smirk, unfazed. "Are you ready to talk? Or should we continue?"

"Go to hell," He spat, blood spluttering out of his mouth with every syllable.

Immediately, the prison guards dealt a painful blow using the silver coated whip. He cried out in pain as his skin tore, cursing obscenities.

I gestured the guards to move, bending down so I could look at him more closely. "You do know, there's a much simpler option." I said.

He kept quiet. I knew I was close, just a little push, and I could get what I want.

"I can make all of this stop. If you just, cooperate. We vampires can be quite, civil, you know."

Then I stood up, "Tell me when you're ready. Before it's too late." And I started walking out.

"Wait!" I heard him call out.

I smirked.

"I'll tell you, I'll tell you everything. Just make this stop." He pleaded.

I made a gesture to the guards, they understood and quickly got the werewolf up by his arms, bringing him to a wooden chair in front of the interrogation table.

"Drink up." I gestured towards the glass of vampire blood on the table.

He looked at me suspiciously, afraid to drink the liquid.

"Don't worry, it won't turn you into a vampire. It'll make you heal faster, you want the pain to stop, don't you?"

With a shaking hand, he reached for the glass. He peered into it curiously, swirling it a little, before taking a big gulp and wincing while he did so.

I stared, amused at his behaviour.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Let's skip the pleasantries, please." He said, looking rather uneasy.