Chapter 70

Viraj immediately looked at Vinay as if he had betrayed him.

"What is going on here, Vinay?"He asked strictly.

"Just talk to her, Viraj. Sort out your issues." Vinay spoke calmly...or so he tried because he knew the extent of Viraj's anger.

Viraj dramatically turned around and walked a few steps inside.

"I don't want to talk to her. Ask her to leave." He declared but didn't close the door.

Vinay could see the dilemma Viraj was in. He wanted to talk to her but was acting the opposite. If he was genuine, he would have slammed the door but not before kicking him on the balls.

Vinay immediately walked towards Sneha.

"Go and talk to her before he changes his mind." He instructed her.

"But he..." She spoke.

"If he really didn't want to talk to you, he would have closed the door. Go, quickly." He literally gave her a push.

Sneha stumbled and hesitantly stepped inside. Out of blue, she recalled the first day she came here. Viraj had carried her bridal style and had been too sweet with her. Today felt different though.

But then, what was she expecting?

"Viraj." She called for him...a little curious and a little anxious.

Vinay stood at the end of the corridor to give them complete privacy because none of them closed the door.

"Leave." He said, loud and clear as his back faced her.

She looked at the floor as her heartbeat escalated exponentially.

"Please listen to me." She begged in her soft tone.

Viraj almost melted...almost.

"I said leave." He repeated while turning sideways.

Scared, she turned around but then recalled Vinay's words.

This really would be her last chance.

There was a long pause before she spoke.

"I am sorry." She finally said.

When she didn't get any reply from him, she decided to elaborate.

"I really am. I have realized that I shouldn't have hurt your feelings. But, it was unintentional, I swear! I just wanted to...get my freedom back. I never realized that I would hurt your feelings in the process. I know I was being selfish and that I should have trusted you. But, my circumstances didn't let me. Please accept my apology." She literally begged.

Viraj listened patiently before he faced her and walked in her direction.

"What did you say you were apologizing for?" He asked as if accusing her.

Sneha's confusion was evident in her expression.

"I am sorry...for...hurting your feelings." She reiterated.

"But you are wrong here. You should not apologize for hurting my feelings because I am used to this since my childhood."

"Viraj..."

"No, Sneha. You have said all that you had to. I have always listened to you. Now, I'll speak and you will listen."

That shut her up.

"Right from the moment I started understanding things, I craved someone to love me for me. My father is an emotionless man who had only ever loved my real mother in his entire life. He loves me because I am the product of his love for my mother. My mother might have had motherly love for me but she hated me for being born. For her, I was a mistake that she was forced to nurture. My sister loves me because I am the only one who can protect her and save her from my father. My maasi (mother's sister) loves me because I remind her of her sister. My friends love me because of the power I hold in society. I wanted someone who would love me for who I truly am. And, I believed...no, I knew it was you. You understood me as no one had. You knew that deep inside, I was a different person than the one I showed to the entire world out of custom. You forced the good in me to come out. You made me hopeful of receiving the love that I have always wanted. I finally believed that I found someone with whom I can not only share my happiness but also my fears and flaws. I trusted you with everything I had. I believed in you. So, Sneha...if you really want to apologize for anything, apologize for breaking my hope." He said.