𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

I lay back on Charlie's bed as he sits at his desk doing homework. I fix my fluffy socks since the lining isn't right. I pick up my phone checking for messages from Natalie.

"I can't wait for summer, it's so close. I think we should go to Italy." Charlie says and I laugh.

"With what money?"

"I don't know, rob a bank or something. I'll get a sugar daddy." He shuts his book getting up from his desk before coming over to his bed jumping down beside me.

"Is that thing good?" Charlie asks pointing to his bedside table where I put my camera that he got me, I nod reaching for it.

"It's really good, I love it. Look I took pictures from the cabin." I show him photos of the view, the river and the photos I took of the moon. I skip the photo of Natalie, only because she's in her bra and showing that to Charlie wouldn't be very respectful.

I show him a photo of Natalie sitting on the couch though, she's smiling looking at the camera.

"Doesn't she look beautiful?" I ask him and he starts laughing.

"What?" I look at him.

"How many photos do you have of her on there?"

"Only a few, and they are not in a creepy way!" I go to the photo from new years where Natalie is looking past the camera at me. I show him.

"Show me that." He takes the camera and clicks to the next photo, it's a photo of me smiling looking past the camera too.

"You aren't even looking at the camera, you are looking at her." He laughs giving back the camera and I sit up putting the camera back on the table.

"So?"

"How many dates have you two went on now?" He asks me and I shrug.

"Just a few."

"And you bought her a necklace and rented a cabin?"

"I like her." I wrap my hands around my legs.

"I think you love her." Charlie pokes me, teasing and I smile rolling my eyes.

"See, you're not even denying it!" He sits up and I start laughing getting up off the bed.

"Love is a strong word."

"You have been obsessed with this woman the last few months."

"I can't help it!" I go over to his records fiddling with them so I don't have to look at him. He may be right, I do feel really strong feelings for Natalie.

"Di, you are in love." He says again.

"It's only been—"

"You are literally spending all your time with her. You talk about her any chance you get. You keep checking your phone to see if she texts." He laughs and my phone buzzes, he picks it up and I run over quickly reaching for it and he pulls it away getting up.

"Charlie!" I roll off his bed falling onto my butt. That hurt.

"I'm not going to read it. Just in case it's a sext." He shrugs dropping the phone on my lap, I ignore him picking up my phone.

Danielle
Hi Diana love. I was speaking with your mom earlier and she really wants to see you. I didn't know what to say so I ignored what she said. Are you going to see her or..? I totally understand if you won't, I just don't want to say anything that I don't know. Let me know!x

I turn off my phone huffing. That ruined my mood.

"Uh oh. Not a sext?" Charlie asks.

"It's Danielle. She's asking about me seeing my mom." I clear my throat because it feels a little dry. Charlie sits down beside me.

"Do you want to see her?"

"Yeah.....I just...I'm afraid, Charlie." I say quietly and he wraps his arms around me pulling me against him.

"If you ever want to go see her, I'll go with you if you want me to. You don't have to ever see her again if you don't want too." He rocks me side to side and I wrap my arms around him.

"I love you, Charlie." I whisper.

"I love you too, chicken." He says and I smile.

"Maybe...I'll go see her after graduation. Just maybe. I'm not sure yet." I say and he nods.

"Whatever you do, I support you."

"God I love you so much." I squeeze him and he laughs.

"I know."