Chapter 3 - Fatto

Mumbai

" How is the office work going ? " Sammy asked as they were at the gym excising the next day, " so far so good " Raghav said panting, " how are the employees coming along ? " Sammy asked again " good..so far we have 100 people registering for employment " Raghav said turning off the treadmill and stepping down and wiping his forehead, Sammy later turned off the treadmill and stepped down and grabbing his water bottle. Raghav sat on the beach resting with Sammy beside him talking. Just then the door opened and in walked in the girl who bumped him, she was smiling at something, Raghav watched her as she went up to the treadmill where a guy was excising. Raghav watched closely, " Rags ?? Rags ?? Rags !!! " Sammy yelled as he shook Raghav out of his daze. Raghav looked at Sammy " kiya hua bhai ? " Sammy asked chuckling, he then followed his eyes, " ohhh...." Sammy said in a teasing tone. The girl who Raghav was watching was laughing at the guy who was on the treadmill, she then pressed something and they treadmill picked up speed, and the guy started yelling, the girl the then said sorry and turned it down and smiled innocently at him. Raghav was still watching the whole scene, the guy then got down from the treadmill and tried placed his hands on her shoulder but the girl was too fast and ran from him. The guy shook his head as he saw her dancing to the song and she walked out, Raghav' eyes followed until he could not see them anymore, he shook his head and picked his bottle and drank from it, Sammy was watching Raghav all this time," hmmmmm...interesting. Something to tell aunty about " Sammy thought.

For the next few days Raghav and Sammy have been interviewing potential employees, " who said owing a company is easy ? " Sammy asked, " no one " Raghav replied looking over some flies, " ok so we have most of them. But who can we hire for our Managing Director ? " Sammy asked, " I know who you can hire " Gauri said walking into the living room, " who ? " Sammy asked, " Pakhi Kapoor...she's perfect " Gauri said, Raghav nodded " it's the only way to get near to the Kapoor's " Raghav said, Gauri gave a small nod, " Sammy find some information on Pakhi Kapoor " Raghav said, " on it " Sammy said and walked out, " this will be perfect " Raghav mumbled, " Raghav beta...just be calm " Gauri said, Raghav looked at his mom, " why mom ? they destroyed everything " Raghav said getting up and standing in front of his mom, " I know....just be calm " Gauri said and walked away, Raghav wanted to call her back and ask but he let it slide for now. The important thing now is to get Pakhi Kapoor, " got it " Sammy smiled, Raghav smirked, " perfect " Raghav said.

Raghav made it to the university for girls. After sometime, the students stared coming out from their classes, Raghav quickly spotted Pakhi Kapoor who was talking with some of her friends, and smirked. He got out and headed he way. Pakhi was talking to Sanju when Raghav approached her " Ms. Kapoor ? " Raghav asked, Pakhi turned to him and smiled " that's me " Pakhi replied, " Raghav Singhania " Raghav said extending his hand out, Pakhi looked at him and froze, " the Raghav Singhania ? " Pakhi asked again, Raghav smiled and nodded, Pakhi looked at his hand and was completing whether to accept the shake " I don't bite " Raghav said putting on his charming smiled, Pakhi smiled weakly and placed her hand in his and shook it, " nice to meet you " Pakhi said meekly, " nice to meet you too Ms. Kapoor " Raghav smiled and let her hand go. " I'm here, because, I wanted to asked you if your interested in working form me ? " Raghav asked, " Sach ? " Pakhi asked, again, Raghav nodded, " you have potential. I can see that " Raghav smiled, " Oh...thank you " Pakhi blushed, " So when can I see you at the office ? " Raghav asked, " Oh...ummm...well next week ? " Pakhi said, Raghav smiled and nodded, just then Pakhi's friend called her " See you Sir " Pakhi said and rushed to her friend. Raghav smiled in triumph, he quickly took his phone out and dialed Sammy's number, " how did go ? " Sammy asked, " good...the plan is working " Raghav smirked. After awhile Raghav hung up and was about to head back to his car when he spotted the girl that he bumped into him at the airport, she was talking animatedly to Pakhi. Then a another friend pop out behind scaring her a bit, started chasing her friend about the compound and laughing when she caught her friend and hugged her from behind, she then lifted her eyes and met his, her smiled immediately dropped into a frown," looks like she remembered me " Raghav thought, she started stalking towards him. When she stood in front of her eyes immediately slit " tum " she said harshly, Raghav stood his full height and started at her " haa...mein " Raghav said confidently, " tum yaha kiya karo ? stalker hai kiya ? " she asked, Raghav decided to play her game " haa...mein stalker " Raghav smiled, she looked at him up and down and nodded , " you look like one " she said and folded her arms and started at him. Raghav could not take it anymore " excuse me...." Raghav said angrily, " kiya ? " she challenge, Raghav wanted to say something but was cut off when his phone rang, growling a little Raghav answered " hello ? " Raghav asked irritated, " Raghav beta....sab teek ho ? " Gauri asked, " haan..mom...sab teek hai. Kiya hua mom ? " Raghav asked, " beta...are you busy ? " Gauri asked, " nahi " Ragahv said, " ok...I need you come back. I need to pass something to Kamala " Gauri said, " teek ho " Raghav said and hung up. When he turned around, the girl was gone, he found her back with her friends talking and laughing, " dammnit " Raghav cursed and headed back to his car and drove off.

Picking up his mom, Raghav drove to chawl, " mom...I'll pick you later. I have to get to office " Raghav said, " ok beta " Gauri smiled and climbed the stairs to the chawl. Just as Raghav left, Kalpi came home,

" shukriya bhaisab " Kalpi said as she passed the money to the auto driver. She quickly climbed the stairs to the chawl, " Aai ? " Kalpi called out, but stopped when she saw Gauri, " Gauri aunty ? " Kalpi asked in amazement, " Kalpi ? " Gauri smiled and stood, " haan " Kalpi smiled and ran to her hug her, " oh my child..you have grown up so beautifully " Gauri said letting Kalpi go and looking her up and down, Kalpi blushed, " Kalpi...your back " Kamala smiled, Kalpi smiled, " Haan aai. Aunty how are you ? I miss you so much " Kalpi said with tears in her eyes, " I miss you too beti. " Gauri smiled, " how long are you here for ? " Kalpi asked, " forever " Gauri smiled, " sach !!!! " Kalpi smiled and hugged her. Kamala looked at Gauri and Kalpi interact. Kalpi talked, " excuse me aunty...I have dance class. So I have to go and change " Kalpi smiled and got up from the sofa, " oh ok beti. Have fun " Gauri smiled, Kalpi nodded to Gauri and Kamala and made her way up to her chawl to change. " she has really grown " Gauri smiled and she took the cup of tea from Kamala, Kamala nodded and sat down beside her friend, Gauri took a sip and placed the cup down " have you thought about what I asked 10 years ago ? " Gauri asked, " how can I forget " Kamala smiled, " what did Vittal say ? " Gauri asked, " he immediately agreed. But I don't think Kalpi is ready yet. She just finished university, I'm sure she will want to work " Kamala said, Gauri nodded in understanding, " who knows...maybe they will beat us to it " Kamala teased, Gauri giggled, " let's hope so " Gauri said. Just the Kalpi down " Aai..mein chale hoon " Kalpi smiled, " teek ho beti " Kamala smiled, " bye aunty...I wish I could talked more with you " Kalpi said, " It's ok beti...we'll catch up next time. Now hurry before your late " Gauri shooed Kalpi away, Kalpi nodded and ran downstairs to the waiting car.

Raghav was in the office with Sammy going thought some papers " so did she agree ? " Sammy asked, " yes she did " Raghav smiled in triumph, " looks like you plan is moving fast " Sammy smirked, " yes it is " Raghav smirked, and looked at the file in front of him, but somehow he could not concentrate, because a certain petite doe-eye girl that keeps blocking his mind.